CCleaner 2.14 not remember reg backup save location

TechHarmony

HI, thank you for great tool.

I have noticed with CCleaner version 2.14.750 that it seems to not remember my save folder location.

I do not recall earlier versions failing to remember - they seemed to pop up the last-used location when the Registry Clean function asks if I want to make a backup of the changes before I commit to the fix.

But with v 2.14, when I save the pre-clean registry backup, it just always goes to My Documents, and does not remember the two folder levels down under that which I manually keep sending it to. (just fyi, that location is: \My Documents\Tech Backup, Log Files\Registry Backups).

Just wanted to let you know.

Not a critical issue, just something to check on at some point.

P.s.: Dell Vostro 200 minitower, Win XP Pro, SP3.

Thanks. Best.

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)

Not a critical issue, just something to check on at some point.

P.s.: Dell Vostro 200 minitower, Win XP Pro, SP3.

Thanks. Best.

Hello TechHarmony,

It could be a critical issue for you. Do you have a copy of your (cc)leaner.ini file? Put a copy of your backup copy into the CCleaner folder.

You may have lost the original or somewhere along the line that option was turned off or somehow the entry for your Backup directory has been deleted from your Registry. If you uninstalled CCleaner then you may have lost all your previous settings, cookies to save, etc. If you have typed it in recently it should reset. Try it some more and let us know.

I recommend that you turn on that option at Options > Advanced > Save settings to INI file and make a copy of that file after you get all your settings reset, cookies to save, etc.. Save your backup copy in another folder not in your CCleaner folder.

Best wishes.

:) davey

Edited by davey