cant uninstall some programmes

lisaNjake

hi guys, whenever i try to unistall some of my programmes, it says it cant find the right uninstall path. for example i tryed removin this chuzzle game i downloaded of popcap and it said this: C:\programe files\popcap games\chuzzle delux\install log

and for my cats game it says :the installation support file couldnot be installed. the system cannot find the file specified.

just wonderin if you guys have ne ideas what i could do?

thanks

lisa xxx :)

Did you use a download accelerator to download the game? If so, this may have caused a corrupt file. Try downloading the game again without the accelerator and install it over the installed game.

Here's another thought. Did you download direct from Popcap or from a 3rd party like Pogo or MSN? A 3rd party game my have been altered slightly from the one on Popcap's site and this may have screwed the uninstall file. If this is the case, I'd download direct from Popcap, reinstall and then try to uninstall it.

If this doesn't work, try writing Popcap a nasty e-mail.

Maybe you have manually removed the game by deleting the directory/folder.

You should always use the uninstallation program or Add/Remove Programs so that it completely uninstalls the software and (hopefully) removes all the registry entries.

CCleaner also has a feature to uninstall software and to remove invalid entries from the Add/Remove Programs list.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png