Latest Version Not Cleaning As Well

CJNY

I've been using CCleaner daily for at least 3 years. I installed the most recent version the day it was released. My settings are the same, as they've always been. None of my browsing habits have changed. What has changed in addition to the version, is amount of what CCleaner is cleaning. It used to clean an average 20-30 MB's at the end of day, where now it's 9MB's at most. I haven't uninstalled any programs, which might account for the change in numbers. I'm unable to find where anyone else has reported this.

I'm a creature of habit. At the end of the day, with both browser's and all applications closed, I run CCleaner. Am I the only one who has experienced this? Am I missing something? <-- With the exception of more files, which need to be cleaned. :rolleyes:

Any and all input would be appreciated..

TIA..

CJ

I've been using CCleaner daily for at least 3 years. Any and all input would be appreciated..

TIA..

CJ

Hi CJ,

You are not the first to report different figures. There may be a "bug".

Can you give us some snap-shots before and after. Please include the CCleaner banner area in your snap shots so the "Bug fixers" can see it. Also please tell us what edition of your OS and more PC info if possible.

It is good to find someone that has not changed anything including updates to no other software except CCleaner version.

What happens if you Analyze using the current version and then the same using the prior version.

Your report and help is certainly appreciated.

:) davey

Thanks for your speedy reply, Davey.

Can you give us some snap-shots before and after. Please include the CCleaner banner area in your snap shots so the "Bug fixers" can see it. Also please tell us what edition of your OS and more PC info if possible.

I would be more than happy to do so. Since I just ran CCleaner, the "after" will most likely be at the end of the day tomorrow or the morning to follow. Is there any additional information you need, besides the fact that I running Windows Home XP SP3? And using IE7 and FF3?

What happens if you Analyze using the current version and then the same using the prior version.possible.

Perhaps, I failed to make myself clear. Or.. I misunderstood what you've asked. I no longer have the prior version installed, as I update each version. Nothing seems to have changed with this version, in regard to how "analyzing" appears. The only difference I see, is how much is (not) being cleaned between this version, compared to all prior versions. I have always looked at each item it wants to clean after "analyzing", and prior to running it. It seems to be picking up less. FWIW.. there are no discrepancies (in numbers) between the amount of what it cleans, and the actual number it reports. I'm not sure that makes any sense.

If you have any further questions, or requests, please let me know.

CJ

Davey..

Do you still have any interest in the shots? Otherwise, I'm going to "sit tight" and hope the next version cleans as it has the in the past.

CJ

No the "shots" are not necessary.

Did you just update or install FF3 ?

:) davey

P.S. Anyhow, check all your Firefox options related to cleaning or saving areas.

Restore advanced settings in IE7 at Internet Options > Advanced tab.

IF you are using IE7Pro that is good. Make sure that no cleaning options have been set in the Privacy Cleaner.

Edited by davey

Davey

I updated to FF3 the day it was released. (All my software is updated the "day of release") IE7 has the setting's it has always had. And lastly, I'm not using IE7Pro. So all in all, nothing has changed except CCleaner. :( So I guess it's "back to the drawing board" and waiting to see if the next version has any surprises for me.

Thanks for your input anyway..

CJ