A good reason to keep your system up to date

YoKenny

Exploit-MS08-067 Bundled in Commercial Malware Kit

Friday November 14, 2008 at 8:27 am CST

Posted by Haowei Ren, Geok Meng Ong

Probably the most widely reported topic in the Chinese Security community this month will be the availability of a commercial MS08-067 attack pack, customized for Chinese users. On October 26th, 2008, exploit code was posted on to a well-known public repository site. In a few days, malware kit author, WolfTeeth, was quick to sell a MS08-067 port scanning tool with attack capability to his ?customers?, using free code from the Internet.

http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/ind...ial-malware-kit

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 2 weeks later...
Selfish worm targets month-old Windows flaw

By Dan Goodin in San Francisco

Posted in Security, 26th November 2008 22:17 GMT

More than a month after Microsoft issued an emergency patch for a Windows vulnerability that allows for self-replicating exploits, researchers have spotted a wave of new attacks in the wild that target the critical flaw.

Exploits of MS08-067 have been reported on and off since Microsoft issued the patch in late October, but over the past week, the volume and sophistication of the attacks have grown, according to Ziv Mador, a researcher in Microsoft's Malware Protection Center. His assessment was echoed in reports issued this week by anti-virus providers McAfee and Symantec, the latter which ratcheted up its ThreatCon alert level as a result.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/26/co...attacks_windows

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I doubt that Kenny would post the link for that address Derick.

You have that right.

I do like Chinese Food though but the thought of a whole mess of Moo Goo Gai Pan near my hard drive makes me shudder.

IE7Pro user