To No Avail Installed Update Recuva 1.20.361 !?

vincentauto

10-22-08:

Davey:

I Tried In Vain To Run: C:\ProgramFiles\Recuva\recuva.exe /debug =It Will Only Open Program Files Leaving (debug) Off...

New Version (?) I (Read All Way Back August 2008 Forum On Delete(s) Other Response Said Same: Why Does It Read:

0 files deleted In 2 Seconds=== (Still Reads Same) It Matters Not You Click It Over Photo Or Secure Check Delete===It Will Not Delete Anything, i.e. Prior Go Back 2 Back Versions Worked Great--I

Recuva Deleted 200 + Photos/Junk Almost Instantly!

It Acts As Though Explorer 7 (Windows Sounds Off) Is Blocking It=== Only Description I Can Give You...

I Hope You Guys Can Solve Problems As Recuva Was Really Kool Program To Start With, i.e. With Big Brother/US.Gov On Horizon We You Need Software Programs As Recuva......

Thank You...

Vincent Auto

10-22-08:

Davey:

I Tried In Vain To Run: C:\ProgramFiles\Recuva\recuva.exe /debug =It Will Only Open Program Files Leaving (debug) Off...

1.20.361---New Version (?) I (Read All Way Back August 2008 Forum) On Delete(s) Other Response Said Same: Why Does It Read:

0 files deleted In 2 Seconds=== (Still Reads Same) It Matters Not You Click It Over Photo Or Secure Check Delete===It Will Not Delete Anything, i.e. Prior Go Back 2 Back Versions Worked Great--It

Recuva Deleted 200 + Photos / Junk Almost Instantly.....Titles Were Not Removed In Deleting Process ...

It Acts As Though Explorer 7 (Windows Sounds Off) Is Blocking It=== Only Simple Description I Can Give You...

I Hope You Guys Can Solve Problems As Recuva Was Really Kool Program To Begin With, i.e. With Big Brother/US.Gov On Horizon We You Need Software Programs As Recuva......

Thank You...

Vincent Auto

10-22-08: 8:40pm

IN ADDITION: I Earlier Installed (CNET Says It Is Used By US.Gov) FILE SHREDDER v2.90...

It Is All It Does Completely Deletes (Shreds) Everything...It Does Not Recover Anything ---So As To Be Safe...

I Am Sure There Is Some Kind Of Bug In RECUVA Simply:

....It Is Really Kool Program --It Worked Perfect 2 Earlier Versions Past, i.e. SEE READ ABOVE...

I Am Mainly Interested In Recovering Old Car Photos, Deleting Old Letters, Old Updated Tech Sheets Even On My Older Computers...

It Is Hard To Believe Something All Sudden ( Like Spyware, Etc.) Caused Glitch In Both Of My Lap Top Computers....

Thank You Davey Your Kind Response...

Vincent Auto

It Acts As Though Explorer 7 (Windows Sounds Off) Is Blocking It=== Only Description I Can Give You...

Thank You...

Vincent Auto

Hi Vincent,

I see that you tried the new version and started a New Topic.

This can make things very confusing because we have separated from the old thread.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=118216

However we can pick-up from here but do not start another thread, Please.

You do seem to have a "unique" problem. We must get a Debug log in order to figure out what is occurring.

First

At Internet Options > Advanced tab click on Restore advanced settings . Then click Apply. Then OK. Close IE and start IE again.

What you typed in your post is not the same as I provided. If you do not put in exactly as I provided then Windows will sound an alarm and show you various error messages that the program can not be found.

C:\ProgramFiles\Recuva\recuva.exe /debug

is not the same as

"C:\Program Files\Recuva\recuva.exe" /debug

The line that you entered will not work.

If your Program Files folder is actually "ProgramFiles" than that is OK but that is not the standard name.

The standard name is "Program Files". If you use this folder name then your Run command must be as follows.

"C:\ProgramFiles\Recuva\recuva.exe" /debug

The install default name is \Program Files\ and must be changed by you if you are really using \ProgramFiles\ . If you are using a different language then you must modify the Run command. Maybe this is the problem. I am not sure.

The line I provided contains quotes (") which must be present and \ProgramFiles\ is not the same as \Program Files\ . There also must be a "blank space" or more between the program name and the /debug parameter. You do not "have to be" connected to the Internet to run this. If you get an Internet connection not found message just reply OK and keep going.

If this does not work, then please "cut and paste" "exactly" the command that you are entering even if it is a foreign language. Specify what language if not English. We have members of all languages to assist us.

Also tell us what is the last Recuva version that does not cause this "no files deleted" problem. This may be important.

You also need to tell us the "exact" messages that you are getting or else we are just guessing, which gets us nowhere.

I noticed from other threads that you are using Zone Alarm. You might try turning that off and testing again without it on, if all else fails.

Finally, it must be said that Recuva or CCleaner are not intended to be "hide your tracks" type of programs.

They are to provide secure deletion of data to protect the average users privacy. Any more than that and specialty disk wiping programs must be used.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. One final thought. Though it can not be found as a requirement, run the program with Administrator privileges. Be sure to be signed on as the Administrator. Changes may have been made to only allow deletion by an Administrator. The documentation is lacking in this area.

10-23-08...5:30pm

Davey:

For Now I'll Pass On It,i.e. I Did All Any Of Above To No Avail--I Deleted & Reinstalled New Version 1.20.361...

It Will Recover Photos But It Will Not Delete Anything: Secure Highlight Or Checked Delete:

Reads 0 Files Deleted In 3 Seconds...

I'll Use Shredder 2 To Secure Delete Files N Stuff...

I'll Stop By And keep Reading Forums..

Thank You For Your Kind Response...

Vincent Auto