Top 10 American Icons That Are Not American

Humpty

I didn't know about most of these? :blink:

The Chrysler building is a very distinctive art deco skyscraper in New York City, recognized by anyone who has seen an American film. For 11 months it was the world?s tallest building and it is still the world?s tallest brick building. In 2007, it was ranked ninth on the List of America?s Favorite Architecture by the American Institute of Architects.

This amazing American Icon is now owned by the Abu Dhabi Investment Council which paid over 800 million dollars for the 75% share it owns. Abu Dhabi Investment Council manages the excess oil reserves of the emirates - valued at $1 trillion.

Top Ten Article

• Moderators

I'd have to go with the Statue Of Liberty, which made me go huh when told way back in the day whilst still in grade school that it had originated from France. Although it's been fully American for a long time now.

I'd have to go with the Statue Of Liberty, which made me go huh when told way back in the day whilst still in grade school that it had originated from France. Although it's been fully American for a long time now.
It is a highly recognized icon to the gateway for America the Beautiful the Land of the Free and millions have rejoiced seeing her upon safely arriving in New York harbor from war torn nations looking for a better life for their family.

The No. 1 icon in Canada is still Canadian EH!

t2142_canadian.png

Edited by YoKenny

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user