Secunia Personal Software Inspector

razz

I came across this program yesterday and it seems quite useful. It found an old QuickTime folder that Search did not find back when I deleted all the iTunes crap from my PC. Also, it found that my Microsoft Word 2000 was insecure and needed a patch which Secunia supplied a direct link to. I had 4 other programs that needed updates. You may want to check it out. Note: you have the option of downloading the program or scanning online.

For those interested: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

Secunia PSI is a security tool designed with the sole purpose of helping you secure your computer from software vulnerabilities.

The program rates software in three categories: Insecure, End-of-Life, and Patched. For each item it finds issue with, you'll get the file's directory, version, and known issues. When available, it also has a direct link to the publisher's site to get the latest version of a program. The program also has a very useful Toolbox that gives you quick access to Add/Remove Programs, the listed software's folder, online references, and more.

For those who do not know what a software vulnerability is:

A software vulnerability is basically a programming error/flaw in a software application, that can be used by a hacker to perform actions, which have a security impact on your computer.

If you check it out, let me know what you think.

I think you will find Razz that this is one of Yokenny's favourite pieces of software.
Along with WinPatrol. Woof. Woof.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Woof :D Well I certainly love WinPatrol, which I downloaded after you had mentioned it in some post sometime. I like this Secunia program too from what I have seen so far.

I also like both.

Yes I used Secunia Personal Software Inspector it finds bugs and fixes for updates of software programs and one thing If you are using java runtime environment,Adobe reader ,Flash player plug-in these must be updated .Thanks for reminding me about secunia inspector .I forgot about this .I will blog this.