Deletion of Temp |Files

Arley

• Moderators

When you look at your temp files with IE do you see some, or thousands, of files? Do you look for temp files immediately after running CC, or do you wait a while? Do you have a home page that is web based? Do you close IE and other browsers when you run CC? Do you have anythig retained in CC's exclude section?

When you look at your temp files with IE do you see some, or thousands, of files? Do you look for temp files immediately after running CC, or do you wait a while? Do you have a home page that is web based? Do you close IE and other browsers when you run CC? Do you have anythig retained in CC's exclude section?

There are not thousands of files but a considerable number. Yes, I look at the files after running CC but my IE is closed. I do have a number of cookies retained in the exclusion section but the files to which a refer do not only relate to these but others which are excluded

There are not thousands of files but a considerable number. Yes, I look at the files after running CC but my IE is closed. I do have a number of cookies retained in the exclusion section but the files to which a refer do not only relate to these but others which are excluded

Hi Arley,

You may also have some Temporary Internet Files for other users that are not deleted, yet.

When is the last time that you cleaned out the other users areas ?

Good luck,

:) davey

Good point Davey. Arley, if you run CC and then immediately run CC analyse, what does CC say about temp int files to be removed?

Thanks Davey and Augeas. After analyse and remove CC says there are no bytes to be removed. Could you explain Davey what you mean by 'other users areas'

please

• Moderators

OK. Try running CC Clean and then run Analyse, check that it shows no temp int files, then open IE and see if it shows any temp files. If it does then return to CC and run Analyse again. Does CC now show some temp int files to be deleted?

If yes than pehaps opening IE pulls some stuff down over your broadbean connection. Do you have a web home page, or feeds, etc?

If no then something puzzling is going on.

Do you recognise the temp int files?

Thanks Davey and Augeas. After analyse and remove CC says there are no bytes to be removed. Could you explain Davey what you mean by 'other users areas'

please

"Other users" can be found at Start > Control Panel > User Accounts.

You may have an "Administrator" , plus "YourName", Plus "Guest", plus "Other User #1"

It all depends how many "user accounts" are setup on your PC.

I was helping another member clean up his PC and I failed to remind him to clean up the other users areas.

One other user had 1 1/2 GB tied up. :P This was a considerable amount for a 20 GB hard drive.

You must run CCleaner for each user by logging in as that user and running CCleaner.

Follow Augeas directions and apply it to the other users profiles also.

"Other users" can be found at Start > Control Panel > User Accounts.

You may have an "Administrator" , plus "YourName", Plus "Guest", plus "Other User #1"

It all depends how many "user accounts" are setup on your PC.

I was helping another member clean up his PC and I failed to remind him to clean up the other users areas.

One other user had 1 1/2 GB tied up. :P This was a considerable amount for a 20 GB hard drive.

You must run CCleaner for each user by logging in as that user and running CCleaner.

Follow Augeas directions and apply it to the other users profiles also.

Davey and Augeas - Many thanks, I've done as you suggested Augeas and it's solved the problem.