Update check problem

Hi everyone,

I hope you can tell me what is going on. I have version v2.12.660 right now. The problem I am having is when I click on the check for updates nothing happens. I have the same problem if I click on the CCleaner.com in the upper left corner, nothing happens. I also have the same problem when I click on the pear in the upper right corner.

I have already gone thru and checked if my firewall was blocking it and it isn't.

Nothing has been changed in anything that would block it connecting. It used to connect all the time no problem until this newest version.

Any suggestions or ideas to try. I have already reinstalled the program and still nothing works.

thanks for the help

• Moderators

I can connect to the CCleaner site via your 3 methods using the same version as you.

I guess it's a ''narrow it down'' thing.

XP or Vista?

What is your firewall by the way?

AV program used?

Anything new installed lately?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I can connect to the CCleaner site via your 3 methods using the same version as you.

I guess it's a ''narrow it down'' thing.

XP or Vista?

What is your firewall by the way?

AV program used?

Anything new installed lately?

Hi Hazelnut, thanks for the prompt response.

The OS is Vista. I already had Vista before the 2nd to last update and it updated no problem.

The firewall is PCTools, and the samething as above. I had no problems with it updating.

The AV is NOD32, and same as above I have had no problems with it. I've used NOD32 for over a year now.

No new programs have been installed in the past 2 months.

It is just really weird why it has stopped letting me check for updates.

Oh by the way my browser is the newest FF 3.03

• Moderators

So if you revert back to the previous CCleaner version will all 3 things then work for you?

(If you would try this it would then perhaps indicate if it was a CCleaner build issue.)

Do you use the slim build or the one with the yahoo toolbar?

If you use the toolbar version, could you try the latest slim build?

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

So if you revert back to the previous CCleaner version will all 3 things then work for you?

(If you would try this it would then perhaps indicate if it was a CCleaner build issue.)

Do you use the slim build or the one with the yahoo toolbar?

If you use the toolbar version, could you try the latest slim build?

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

The version I use has the toolbar but I uncheck the tick in the box allowing the toolbar to run. I downloaded an older version last night and was waiting to see what your response was next before I did a complete delete of the version causing problems.

I'll go do that know and let you know what happens. I have also checked out updates to addons that FF uses and so far haven't found the problem there.

The version I use has the toolbar but I uncheck the tick in the box allowing the toolbar to run. I downloaded an older version last night and was waiting to see what your response was next before I did a complete delete of the version causing problems.

I'll go do that know and let you know what happens. I have also checked out updates to addons that FF uses and so far haven't found the problem there.

Hi Hazelnut,

Great news, I was finally able to get it working again. I went into the registry folder and removed all traces. I even went as far to double check to see if there was any listing in my firewall for it and I deleted the one I found there. I deleted everything related to CCleaner.

Then I installed the full version of CCleaner and it worked.

So everything is taken care of. thank you for jogging my mind on things to look for. I would've forgotten about the other things if you hadn't:):)