Older bug still present? -- DVD Shrink not cleaned

TSM

Windows XP Home / CCleaner 2.12.660

This page -- http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?act=Se...lite=dvd+shrink -- mentions an older problem with DVD Shrink analysis files not being cleaned; I am encountering this problem with the latest version of CC, even with the program selected for cleaning. The folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink" is never cleaned.

One of the noted fixes is to add to the winapp.ini and/or winapp2.ini files, however, I cannot find these on my system.

Any solutions?

• Moderators

This is the DVD Shrink cleaning routine I use:

[*DVD Shrink 3.2 (Analysis Results)]; Deletes the analysis results which over time can pile up, and; aren't really needed if you only rip a DVD movie once.; Note: Each time you use this you'll have to agree to the DVD; Shrink license.LangSecRef=3023Detect=HKCU\Software\DVD ShrinkDefault=FalseFileKey1=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\DVD Shrink|*.*

To use it copy what's in the code, then paste it into CCleaner's winapp2.ini file.

If you don't have the winapp2.ini file just paste the code in an empty Notepad window then save into the CCleaner folder as (including the quotes):

"winapp2.ini"

It's turned off/disabled by default meaning you have to enable it first. It will be listed in CCleaner under:

Cleaner->Applications->Multimedia

Edit:

After cleaning DVD Shrink, and after running it at least once to create the license agreement file open "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink" then copy the path to the 4 bytes file which is the license agreement and input it into CCleaner's exclude area (Options->Exclude-Add File) - that way you won't have to agree to the license over and over again.