ZSoft Uninstaller

Tom AZ

When using an unstaller such as ZSoft or Total Uninstall, you first run a "pre" Analyze/Monitor function before the installation -- then run it again once the installation has been completed.

If you install an application that requires a reboot after installation, is it best to run the second ("post") Analyze/Monitor function before or after the reboot?

• Moderators

The second scan after the reboot. ZSoft supports a before and after reboot scan.

It's also a good idea to launch and close down a program first before doing the "after" scan, as extra keys can be added to the registry when a program runs.

EDIT: Although I was sure about this, I just thought I'd confirm it from the ZSoft Forums.

When analyzing something with ZSoft Uninstaller you do it in two parts: Before and after the installation. When you have done the first scan you can click cancel, close the program, reboot your computer etc., and come back to finish the installation by selecting "Finish an analysis that has already been started" from the "Analyze Installation" window.

http://forum.zsoft.dk/index.php/topic,92.msg408.html#msg408

When using an unstaller such as ZSoft or Total Uninstall

Personally, I find that the uninstaller that is part of CCleaner works equally as well, if not better. I sometimes uninstall a fair # of programs and I have never had a problem with the CCleaner Uninstaller.

Personally, I find that the uninstaller that is part of CCleaner works equally as well, if not better. I sometimes uninstall a fair # of programs and I have never had a problem with the CCleaner Uninstaller.

The CCleaner uninstaller is not even close to Zsoft. There is no scan done. Have you used Zsoft or Total Uninstall?