CCleaner and standby S3

NN77780608

Hi

CCleaner does somthing to my system (XP MCE 2005) that stops me from using my remote control (Windows usb) to enter windows from standby S3. I'm using MST (media center standby tools)

I?ve tried to uncheck the registry fix, that didn't help.

Does CCleaner change my bios (not likely right)?

Anyone have the same problem.......or better yet, a solution?

thx

Does the remote control work when performing other functions? CC dosent change/modify BIOS. You say that CC does something to your system? So the remote works then after using CC it stops working? Also "...enter windows from standby..." do you mean resume from standby?

Does the remote control work when performing other functions? CC dosent change/modify BIOS. You say that CC does something to your system? So the remote works then after using CC it stops working? Also "...enter windows from standby..." do you mean resume from standby?

thanks for the qiuck reply.

The remote works after running CC and yes I mean resume from standby.

Are you using MCE Standby Tool?

http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml

I was saearching for your problem and came across a blog that reccomended this tool to fix various MCE issues including "Unable to wake from S3 standby using remote".

Assuming this is the tool you mentioned previously, have you tried reinstalling it (to restore lost or changed settings) or checking the forum for possible fixes? I see that have a beta that was released last month.

When you used CC and noticed the remote not working, do you remember if you used the registry cleaner in CC?

Are you using MCE Standby Tool?

http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml

I was saearching for your problem and came across a blog that reccomended this tool to fix various MCE issues including "Unable to wake from S3 standby using remote".

Assuming this is the tool you mentioned previously, have you tried reinstalling it (to restore lost or changed settings) or checking the forum for possible fixes? I see that have a beta that was released last month.

When you used CC and noticed the remote not working, do you remember if you used the registry cleaner in CC?

Yes I'm using MCE Standby Tool, tried to reinstall, I have the latest version.

Yes, I did use the registry cleaner in cc.

I've never had any problems until I started using cc. :(

Yes I'm using MCE Standby Tool, tried to reinstall, I have the latest version.

Yes, I did use the registry cleaner in cc.

I've never had any problems until I started using cc. :(

Did you "uninstall" the tool and then install it again ?

:) davey

By chance did you opt to save a backup in CC when you did the registry cleaning? My resources for this problem are very limited since I dont have access to MCE to try an figure out what went wrong. Im really reaching at this point since Im fresh out of ideas.

There are 2 aspects of the problem here. What in the cleaning process caused the problem (registry key or file that contained config) and what has to be done in order to fix it. I hate to say it, but the MST forum may be the best resource for fixing the problem.

Aside from MST, is there a driver or configuration program that goes with your remote? Is it possbile to re-map the button (or a diff button) to perform the function?

Ok. Now Im out of ideas :(

By chance did you opt to save a backup in CC when you did the registry cleaning? My resources for this problem are very limited since I dont have access to MCE to try an figure out what went wrong. Im really reaching at this point since Im fresh out of ideas.

There are 2 aspects of the problem here. What in the cleaning process caused the problem (registry key or file that contained config) and what has to be done in order to fix it. I hate to say it, but the MST forum may be the best resource for fixing the problem.

Aside from MST, is there a driver or configuration program that goes with your remote? Is it possbile to re-map the button (or a diff button) to perform the function?

Ok. Now Im out of ideas :(

Thank you for trying, I'll keep trouble shooting. Will post fix if I get one.

It's not the end of the world not beeing able to put my pc to standby......but a bit annoying ;)

Problem solved!? Keeping my fingers crossed!

What I did was: BIOS upgrade, removed CC, removed MST, installed an earlier version (0.9.6.9). Changed the BIOS settings to use S1 instead of S3.

So far so good. Have not tried to reinstall CC, to bad I can't use it, i kind of liked it.