Problems with photobucket after running CCleaner

Goldhills

I'm not up on computer lingo so hope you can understand this.

I have used CCleaner on my old XP computer for years without a problem but have just bought a new computer, downloaded CCleaner and ran the cleaner only (not the registry cleaner) as I have been doing a lot of downloads, installs, etc. Since the clean I have not been able to view my photobucket account properly. I can access my photos already on it but all the background? or formatting? (not sure of the right word) has disappeared, the pages are just plain white with all the writing and photos down one side. I can't upload new photos either. I have been through all their help topics and have uninstalled java and flash and re-installed as suggested plus have done system restore to before I ran the cleaner but made no difference.

Also on a forum I am a member of, there is a title photo at the top of the page which is also a link back to the home page. Since I ran the cleaner this photo has disappeared, the link is there but no photo. If I right click on the photo to view photo it just says "The requested URL was not found, images/blocked.gif (null)". I can view all other photos on the site ok. No other member has these problems and it is still ok on my old computer.

I didn't run the registry cleaner only the one that cleans cookies etc. The new computer is XP sp2. All other sites I have checked have been fine just these two. How can I fix it?

• Moderators
I'm not up on computer lingo so hope you can understand this.

I have used CCleaner on my old XP computer for years without a problem but have just bought a new computer, downloaded CCleaner and ran the cleaner only (not the registry cleaner) as I have been doing a lot of downloads, installs, etc. Since the clean I have not been able to view my photobucket account properly. I can access my photos already on it but all the background? or formatting? (not sure of the right word) has disappeared, the pages are just plain white with all the writing and photos down one side.

The requested URL was not found, images/blocked.gif (null)". I can view all other photos on the site ok. No other member has these problems and it is still ok on my old computer.

I didn't run the registry cleaner only the one that cleans cookies etc. The new computer is XP sp2. All other sites I have checked have been fine just these two. How can I fix it?

Hi Goldhills, and welcome to the forum. Your computer lingo is fine by the way.

This isn't gonna be an easy one to pin down, but the fact it's not happening on your other PC, where you also use CCleaner, does help to narrow it down a bit.

First of all, I can't at the moment see how running CCleaner would cause this to happen.

Secondly, I think the areas of your post I've highlighted may be significant. You've been doing a lot of downloading and installing. I think it's likely something you've installed onto your new PC is blocking the stuff you can't see. This could be a setting in some Security Software for instance.

It could be something really simple, as ocassionally on here we can't see someones posted image or avatar when others can see them fine. A simple problem, but tricky to pin down.

Can you give us a list of the applications/programs you installed onto your new PC, and maybe then we might be able to narrow things down a bit more.

Thirdly, have you installed any Hosts File along with the other stuff, or changed any settings in "Parental Control"?

Post as much info as you can, name of your AV, any Spyware apps you're running, which browser you're using. Anything you think may help.

• Moderators

In the meantime I'd suggest using your installed web browser(s) built-in cleanup tools. I'd then restart Windows especially if that hasn't been done in a long time as that will sometimes have things cure themselves.

Missing images sounds like what DennisD has already explained which could be some security measure preventing something.

In the meantime I'd suggest using your installed web browser(s) built-in cleanup tools. I'd then restart Windows especially if that hasn't been done in a long time as that will sometimes have things cure themselves.

Missing images sounds like what DennisD has already explained which could be some security measure preventing something.

Also it can be as simple as those sites are not available to display the photo except it is working on his other PC.

From what is described it does sound like SpywareBlaster doing its job or an IE7 add-on like IE7Pro with ad-blocker turned on.

:) davey