Safety on removing files

emm

• Moderators

Yes, no, maybe, usually...

In general I would say that it is safe to delete these files, in the context that your pc will still work. However some options can cause inconvenience or annoyance. (You do not say what options you have ticked.) Some of these options will lose settings or passwords or login info which you may want to hang onto. I would not tick anything that brings up a warning message, or anything you don't know what affect it will have. I believe the settings are explained in the user guide, but it's a long time since I looked at that.

I wouldn't tick Autocomplete Form History, and possibly nothing in Advanced until you get the hang of it.

Have a look at the user guide: http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com

Navigate to the Cleaner information section. It will explain the Windows related items found there. I think as for application specific items, its generally safe.

As Augeas mentioned, without knowing which items you have checked (or intended to check) its hard to comment on each and every item.

Yes, no, maybe, usually...

In general I would say that it is safe to delete these files, in the context that your pc will still work. However some options can cause inconvenience or annoyance. (You do not say what options you have ticked.) Some of these options will lose settings or passwords or login info which you may want to hang onto. I would not tick anything that brings up a warning message, or anything you don't know what affect it will have. I believe the settings are explained in the user guide, but it's a long time since I looked at that.

I wouldn't tick Autocomplete Form History, and possibly nothing in Advanced until you get the hang of it.

[font="Comic Sans MS]Thanks Augea, I it is too scary. Recently, I took my computer to get cleaned and tune up, and the guy there installed this software. He assured me that it is completely safe to delete things, not the stuff from the Registry, of course. Nevertheless, I am still scare to remove things when I am not sure what they are. The problem is that you can not pick and choose what to to delete, and what to keep.emm[/font]

[/color

Have a look at the user guide: http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com

Navigate to the Cleaner information section. It will explain the Windows related items found there. I think as for application specific items, its generally safe.

As Augeas mentioned, without knowing which items you have checked (or intended to check) its hard to comment on each and every item.

Yes, Disk4mat, On the cleaner it is difficult to tell what some of the files are, and wheather they are something I need or not. That is why I am having a problem with it. Even after I took that tour, but I am going to take a look at the beginner guide again. I am talking only about the Windows and Applications part. I don't use the Registry cleaner yet. For that I use Registry Mechanic, that gives me more control over what I do. Thanks so much for your input.

emm

Yes, Disk4mat, On the cleaner it is difficult to tell what some of the files are, and wheather they are something I need or not. That is why I am having a problem with it. Even after I took that tour, but I am going to take a look at the beginner guide again. I am talking only about the Windows and Applications part. I don't use the Registry cleaner yet. For that I use Registry Mechanic, that gives me more control over what I do. Thanks so much for your input.

emm

Hi Disk4mat, I am looking at the beginners guide right now, and I find it most helpful. Now I know what all those files are and what they are used for. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

emm

Im glad that proved to be a good resource for you. Of course if you have any specific questions, they are easily addressed. Its just difficult to answer the original question since CC covers such a wide variety of file types, programs and locations in its cleaning.