boot issue

mrfoam

I have appreciated CCleaner. After installing the latest version of CCleaner whenever I run the app for cleaning ...Windows will not boot after I shutdown and restart.. it says operating system not found.. when I load the default bios it then loads Windows. it only happens after I run the cleaner.. I am using v2.11.636 all are checked except advanced.. IE has boxes 1,2,5,6 WExpl has box 3 checked and system has all boxes checked.. I am using an old Inspiron 5100 works good though.. and WindXP Pro with Service pack 3, Pent42.4G and 1G ram... this is te only thing that I have narrowed it down to...

mrfoam

I have appreciated CCleaner. After installing the latest version of CCleaner whenever I run the app for cleaning ...Windows will not boot after I shutdown and restart.. it says operating system not found.. when I load the default bios it then loads Windows. it only happens after I run the cleaner.. I am using v2.11.636 all are checked except advanced.. IE has boxes 1,2,5,6 WExpl has box 3 checked and system has all boxes checked.. I am using an old Inspiron 5100 works good though.. and WindXP Pro with Service pack 3, Pent42.4G and 1G ram... this is te only thing that I have narrowed it down to...

mrfoam

Hello mrfoam,

Looks like you have done your homework before coming here.

Just some other things to look at or jog your memory.

Any unusual Include entries in CCleaner?

User and system environmental variables set OK ?

Any reboot programs like PageDefrag set to always run at boot?

Just some more thoughts that is all.

Good luck,

:) davey

Welcome to Piriform mrfoam.

Windows will not boot after I shutdown and restart.. it says operating system not found.. when I load the default bios it then loads Windows.

Well if you need to load the BIOS defaults then I would suspect your CMOS battery is useless. Its a battery about 23mm in diameter the size of an English 10p piece on your motherboard, easy and cheap to replace.

The operating is Windows XP but this needs startup files on the root of the drive whether these have become corrupted which is doubtful as it does startup eventually. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best