Delete empty folders

AlphaUMi

Greetings to everyone!

Recently i'm trying to use CCleaner to delete empty folders, created automatically by some programs every time i run them.

Example:

Let's suppose I have this folder in my document folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Documents\Temp

I know I can customize CCleaner to delete all the files inside the Temp folder, but what i want is to clean the Temp folder AND delete the folder itself.

Until now I don't have found any solution to this problem, because CCleaner cleans the selected folder but leaves it empty. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Hi Alpha, windows is creating temp files all the time, as do programs you use, and it needs somewhere to put them.

If you delete a temp folder I would assume windows would recreate it, although it's not something I've seen or tried.

• Moderators
If you delete a temp folder I would assume windows would recreate it, although it's not something I've seen or tried.

Some are made by programs themselves that don't use the Windows variable temp folder location. If such a program is still installed attempting to use it may cause it to fail.

• 3 months later...

There is one confusing thing about |REMOVESELF:

If you have an empty folder, or a folder with subfolders but no files anywhere in this subtree to be removed with |REMOVESELF, CCleaner does remove the whole subtree when you run the cleaner (as it should) but in the analysis it does not display anything about the folder(s) to be removed, since there are no files to be removed (only folders).

It would be nice to have CCleaner indicate something about folders as well, even if they are empty.

Mike