Help needed

Scotland

I had a load of pics on my PC and by accident deleted 1 set, and now I really need them back.

Bit of a numpty with pc's!! :(:(

It was probably a couple of months ago I deleted them.

Before I start to try and retrieve, is it easy to use? How long should it take, my laptop switches off if left on too long? And what are my chances?

BTW hello form a wet and cold Scotland - thought it was summer :lol:

I had a load of pics on my PC and by accident deleted 1 set, and now I really need them back.

Bit of a numpty with pc's!! :(:(

It was probably a couple of months ago I deleted them.

Before I start to try and retrieve, is it easy to use? How long should it take, my laptop switches off if left on too long? And what are my chances?

BTW hello form a wet and cold Scotland - thought it was summer :lol:

Hello Scotland,

Welcome to the forums. :D

You have got to have brass to hold onto that handle.

Recuva is simple and fast to find Pics.

It all depends how old or where those pics were on your Hard Drive. If way off in a dusty corner, if you can find one on a Hard Drive, they may still be there. I recovered some for a friend that he says he "accidentally" deleted a couple of years ago on this very PC that I am using now. Lucky for him that I did not do any fancy partitioning or fancy optimization during all that time. Of course all I was allowed to do was Click on some application icons, fill in some data, and the most amusing thing was click on the Start button so I could click on "Turn off computer".

If they are still there you should find them in less than 15 mins.

Good luck,

:) davey

Edited by davey

• Moderators

You can chose individual files to restore. Recuva is very fast, I would restore to a flash drive to be safe until you have retrieved all that you want or can. If you deleted to the recycler your files may be renamed (ask here). You can order the Recuva results by date, or type etc to help your search.

PS CDRs are somewhere between 10 and 15p a throw. Use a few.

OK have run the thing now, but it came up with images that have never been downloaded/uploaded to my PC :blink:

And I know I have deleted other pics on purpose, but it did not come up with them :(:(

Help am even more confused now........ should I be looking at the C, D or recycle bin thingy?

• Moderators

Look at whatever drive they files were on, or look at all of them. If you deleted them to the recycler and then emptied it the files will be renamed to something like dc1.jpg etc.

As for pics you have never loaded, yep, it is a puzzle, but they certainly didn't generate themselves.

More help needed please

I can't seem to find any deleted pictures at all, they wre all in a folder in "my pictures" err but not now as I deleted by accident.

even ones I have deleted on purpose are not there

Files came up that I have never dopwnloaded, like aviators of pepole on other forums I am on :huh:

Please can someone help this little numpty (who is also crap with PC's)

• Moderators

The avatars you can see will have been downloaded by your browser just by viewing the forum, don't worry about them.

How did you delete the folder and your other pics? Did you use the recycle bin?

More help needed please

I can't seem to find any deleted pictures at all, they wre all in a folder in "my pictures" err but not now as I deleted by accident.

even ones I have deleted on purpose are not there

Files came up that I have never dopwnloaded, like aviators of pepole on other forums I am on :huh:

Please can someone help this little numpty (who is also crap with PC's)

Hello Scotty,

Hope that the weather is better in sunny old Scotland.

What Augeas is getting at is the fact that files that are "emptied" by you from the Recycle Bin are renamed by Windows.

This link will help you to understand the idea better.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14299

Do not forget that as soon as you Empty something from the Recycle Bin then that space is available to be "overwritten" by some new file.

If the file is still in the Recycle Bin then it is not yet "deleted" as far as Windows and Recuva are concerned.

As regards all those strange Pictures, they are Pics that been downloaded everytime you look at another web page. You may never see them because you did not scroll down the page but they were there.

Almost all the pics get there that way.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. I know you are probably not worried about certain kinds of pictures being found on your PC.

Sad to say but some of those pictures are going to be of politicians and sports stars that you despise.

Most Home pages have some news pics when you connect and you never knew that they were there.

Surprise, surprise, surprise !!!

Edited by davey

Yes I think I did put them in the recycle bin and I have re-instated that, but they are not there.

Read the help bit and it says about paths????? where are they?

even more confused now.............................................

Angela

• Moderators

When you put your files in the recycle bin did you then delete them, either specifically or by emptying the recycle bin?

What exactly did you do, and to what files, when you say that you reinstated the recycle bin?