Complete Deletion

Radar

Hello Everyone

How Can I Completely Delete The Deleted Files Found By "Recuva" ?

So If The Next Time I Run It " Recuva" Nothing (No Files) Will Appear In The List . So They Won't Be Recovered At All .

How Can I Do This If Possible ?

Thank You ;)

• Moderators

If you mean the list of deleted file names then you can't. They remain as entries which are flagged as deleted in the MFT, and Recuva will list them.

I'm not quite sure what the point of Running Recuva would be if it didn't show any results.

Another utility available on Source Forge will allow you to delete ALL of the files in free space and the entries that are flagged as deleted in the MFT. Recuva will no longer list them. It is Eraser 5.86. I tried others (of note PGP and Sdelete) to no avail. Eraser worked for me.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=37015

Cheers!

• Moderators

Eraser's website says....

'If you erase a whole drive, Eraser will not clean the MFT/FAT. To do that you need to format the drive - think this is what BCwipe does. Formatting is the only way to safely remove the ghost entries from the MFT/FAT. So after erasing a drive you need to finally format it. Equally you will be able to recover 'data' from these files but only the erased information and not the original data.'

and this....

'You can choose whether filenames are cleared or not, and Eraser can even clear names of all previously deleted files (when erasing unused disk space).'

I suppose it depends what clean, clear and erase means. I haven't the foggiest, as I don't use eraser.

Hello Everyone

How Can I Completely Delete The Deleted Files Found By "Recuva" ?

So If The Next Time I Run It " Recuva" Nothing (No Files) Will Appear In The List . So They Won't Be Recovered At All .

How Can I Do This If Possible ?

Thank You ;)

You are much safer using Recuva. After using it no files can be recovered even though the names of some will still appear from the MFT.

Those considering Eraser would be advised to read this thread and the related links.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=97526

Or of course you could still end up reformatting your whole drive and stating from scratch anyway.

:) davey