How to select specific drive?

scorpiono

Hi

I want to scan my whole external drive with recuva.

The problem is. I can't figure out how to select the whole drive because it has been partitioned into 3 logical partitions.

So is there a way to select whole harddrives? or a way to scan the 3 specific partitions without scanning any other partitions.

thx in advance for all answers

(I used the search engine: click without success)

Welcome to Piriform scorpiono.

I want to scan my whole external drive with recuva.

The problem is. I can't figure out how to select the whole drive because it has been partitioned into 3 logical partitions.

We had a similar question the other day Recuva won't scan external drive. As stated in that post I would have thought that all drives would be shown in the drive listbox providing the drive is plugged in. Does your external drive show up in Windows Explorer? Have you tried the (All Drives) option? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Welcome to Piriform scorpiono.

We had a similar question the other day Recuva won't scan external drive. As stated in that post I would have thought that all drives would be shown in the drive listbox providing the drive is plugged in. Does your external drive show up in Windows Explorer? Have you tried the (All Drives) option? ;)

All partitions are listed in windows. I can scan all partitions one by one. But I don't want to check every 4 hours whether I can select the next drive. My problem has nothing to do with his.

and I don't want to scan all my drives (would take a week or so :P). I just want to scan a particular external harddrive (no windows drive or all windows drives on this hard drive)

• Moderators

It doesn't look as if there is a way to sepcify scans at drive level, only logical partitions.

But I don't want to check every 4 hours whether I can select the next drive.

You're apparently only scanning three drives, so you would only have to do this twice. In any event it would make the interrogation of a huge amount of files a little easier to manage.

Are you using deep scan? At four hours a pop I guess the answer is yes.

It doesn't look as if there is a way to sepcify scans at drive level, only logical partitions.

Ok guess that is the answer I was looking for

You're apparently only scanning three drives, so you would only have to do this twice. In any event it would make the interrogation of a huge amount of files a little easier to manage.

How do you conclude that I only got 3? :mellow:

Are you using deep scan? At four hours a pop I guess the answer is yes.

Yes, but I couldn't find a way to save the scans ._.

My main problem is that my partitiontable got messed up and some files are now on another partition or so. So I need to scan the whole disk.

• Moderators

I meant that you were scanning three logical drives, which I assumed - possibly incorrectly - from your first post.

I don't know of a way to save the scans either, you can't even cut and paste the filenames.

I meant that you were scanning three logical drives, which I assumed - possibly incorrectly - from your first post.

Sry I forgot to mention that you were right. In fact I got 3 logical drives.

I don't know of a way to save the scans either, you can't even cut and paste the filenames.

Recuva is a need tool, but it really is missing some functionality.

Saving Scans and selecting specific logical drives to scan or scanning whole hard drives

For example:

Scan only drives with X:

Drive C []

Drive D []

Drive K [X]

Drive L []

Drive X [X]

Drive Y [X]

is not possible afaik

Yes I think its bad you can't select the actual drive from the drive listbox rather that scanning all drives. As I've stated the only additional drive I have is a flash drive and it lists and can scans just that drive perfectly and recovers files. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Yes I think its bad you can't select the actual drive from the drive listbox rather that scanning all drives. As I've stated the only additional drive I have is a flash drive and it lists and can scans just that drive perfectly and recovers files. ;)

What are you talking about dude?

What are you talking about dude?

I'm talking about external drives just the same as you are. I don't have an external hard drive but I have a lot a flash drives which show up as F: in Explorer. If I delete a file of one of those I just run Recuva and select F: in the drive listbox and scan. Find the list of deleted files select the file I want to recover and hey presto job done. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I'm talking about external drives just the same as you are. I don't have an external hard drive but I have a lot a flash drives which show up as F: in Explorer. If I delete a file of one of those I just run Recuva and select F: in the drive listbox and scan. Find the list of deleted files select the file I want to recover and hey presto job done. ;)

Ok

But there are lots of tools that can do that. The stuff that distinguish Recuva from the rest ist the deeper scan stuff etc. And if you want to use that you will need to save your scan results and scan whole harddrives.

btw Flash Drives or USB Sticks must not necessarily mean that they are F: You can assign any drive letter that you want.