can some1 explain this?

necrophyte

2 days ago i formatted my c partition (no label/size change!), where windows xp pro sp3 was installed and performed a fresh install of the same. unfortunately, i forgot to backup 2 certain files - my itunes music library files.

iTunes Music Library.xml

iTunes Library.itl

both ~3.2MB

now i ran recuva 1.17.339 deep scan with the options show files found in hidden system folders, securely deleted files and scan for non-deleted files (which actually should be able to find those files since theyve been lost due to a format).

the only file found now is iTunes Music Library.xml with a size of 33KB - thats the default itunes library file after having run itunes for the first time after install (and its cluster is overwritten with a file inside my my documents folder now.. :/ ).

is there any way of recovering my original itunes library files? how comes that those files cant even be found but the default itunes library file, which i have overwritten with my 3.2MB library files, can?

thanks

If you go into Options->Advanced you can enable what's highlighted in the screenshot below to see if that will help:

Click image to enlarge

a0302f23fe52.png

as mentioned above, i checked these options - the last one, too - and there indeed were files found that were on that partition before i formatted it, but these 2 library files werent, only one, and this one i have actually overwritten with with the 2 3.2MB ones i am looking for. strange..