Intel Driver (Dell)

Tom AZ

I currently have this driver installed on my Dell computer: Intel 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E.

This driver is several versions out-of-date, but everything seems to be running just fine on my XP machine. Can anyone tell me exactly what this does and how important it is to update it?

That's the driver that communicated to the hard drive adapter and probably USB ports.

I have that on my XP Pro system.

Where did you find out that the driver was down level?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Where did you find out that the driver was down level?

I have a little program called Driver Updater Pro. It's a commercial product, but I think there's a free download -- just not fully functional.

Supposedly, the driver I have installed is 4.0.1001.0 (07/02/01). The current version is 9.1.0.1002 (06/06/08).

I have a little program called Driver Updater Pro. It's a commercial product, but I think there's a free download -- just not fully functional.
I tried it

Supposedly, the driver I have installed is 4.0.1001.0 (07/02/01). The current version is 9.1.0.1002 (06/06/08).
That's what I have installed but they want $30.00US for the application.

I used this ages ago when I first got this system and I went to IBM for the model I have and searched for all of the drivers for this system and installed them.

I think that I would trust the drivers from the system manufacturer rather from a third party.

I don't let Microsoft install drivers that are offered through Windows Update as they usually not the most up to date from the system manufacturer.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

In the past Intel has had some update package on their website that I used on my old Win98 system years ago. If you really want to mess around with their driver you may be able to get the update straight from their official website.

Just make sure you make a System Restore Point beforehand!

IE7Pro user

Are you going to try updating this driver on your machine?
Yes.

No matter what I try I cannot find a driver for Intel? 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers and I'm not going to fork out $30.00 to update one driver that Driver Updater Pro claims is the only down level device driver.

I did manage to update the Intel? 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 device driver though with a driver from Intel's site.

Ensure that you disable the Power Management of each USB port as USB things attached could go dead unexpectedly.

IE7Pro user