Errors

chrissywiss

I get the following messege when I use the CCleaner clean up option.

post-22021-1216975107_thumb.jpg

Hopefully my attachement shows up :unsure:

I have Spybot S & D which uses the TeaTimer (which I do not fully understand) and I have no idea if what I want to be cleaned is being cleaned.

I am basically a computer virgin. I know nothing

:P

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I get the following messege when I use the CCleaner clean up option.

Hopefully my attachement shows up :unsure:

I have Spybot S & D which uses the TeaTimer (which I do not fully understand) and I have no idea if what I want to be cleaned is being cleaned.

I am basically a computer virgin. I know nothing

:P

PLEASE HELP!!!!

When you run CCleaner try turning off Spybot.

I am not sure that you want the "TeaTimer" Program running under Vista anyhow. I think it will cause conflicts.

Give it a shot so you can get CCleaner to run for you.

You will learn a lot from this forum.

:) davey

P.S. You at least know how to get "snap shot" and that is more than I knew when I came here 9 months ago.

Also turn off all other programs when run CCleaner. Have you rebooted since you installed CCleaner. It is advisable to do so.

Thanks Davey. I do hope to learn a lot.

The TeaTimer is a program that searches for spyware upon startup correct? How do I turn the tea timer off and still keep S & D, I thought I had to have the tea timer to use S & D.

I have rebooted since I installed CCleaner. When I was shuting down today, I got a weird error message, I'll have to capture it and see if it has to do with the cleaner.

Thanks again! :D

Thanks Davey. I do hope to learn a lot.

The TeaTimer is a program that searches for spyware upon startup correct? How do I turn the tea timer off and still keep S & D, I thought I had to have the tea timer to use S & D.

I have rebooted since I installed CCleaner. When I was shuting down today, I got a weird error message, I'll have to capture it and see if it has to do with the cleaner.

Thanks again! :D

Hi Chrissy,

Do you have Windows Defender deactivated ? If not then you should not have TeaTimer also running.

I have no personal Vista experience but I have heard that there can be conflicts with Spybot and CCleaner.

Perhaps some Vista users will give us more advice.

In CCleaner Tools > Startup is there an entry for TeaTimer? It has been awhile since I tried Spybot but I think I recall turning off TeaTimer and just using Spybots scanner. I have only 256 MB RAM.

:) davey

In Spybot S&D's Advanced mode there is an option to disable TeaTimer from starting.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Okay under S & D Resident tab there thre are two spots to check or uncheck, one says "SD Helper" internet explorer bad download blocker active, I have this checked as active is that going to cause a conflict? Then there is "TeaTimer" protection of overall system settings active and I have now unchecked this. This is the only place I could find where it mentioned TeaTimer. I can still scan using S & D and have the same protection? I also have Norton Antivirus for scanning so I think I am okay.

I also checked under the startup menu of CCleaner and there is no TeaTimer under the list. There are a few things that I have no idea what they are and would love to find out what they are. One says "swy" another "RtHDVCpl" and "ccapp" which I believe is CCleaner application if I am not mistaken. Can I not disable the CCapp from start up and just start it up on my own accord?

Oh and I do have windows Defender active. If I turn off TeaTimer will there still be a conflict between S & D and CCleaner?

Thanks for everyones help this forum is awesome. Hopefully someday I'll be able to help others too. ;)

one says "SD Helper" internet explorer bad download blocker active, I have this checked as active is that going to cause a conflict?
That should be OK.

Then there is "TeaTimer" protection of overall system settings active and I have now unchecked this.
That's the one to have un-checked.

I also have Norton Antivirus for scanning so I think I am okay.
It uses vast system resources and seeing that you have a real fast AMD Quad CPU then its should be OK.

"RtHDVCpl" http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/R....exe-17222.html

"ccapp" http://process.networktechs.com/ccApp.exe.php

Found with Google in less than 1 minute.

Oh and I do have windows Defender active. If I turn off TeaTimer will there still be a conflict between S & D and CCleaner?
Shouldn't be.

Hopefully someday I'll be able to help others too.
I'm sure you will. :)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user