Deleting Registry Folders? [FeatureRequest]

EscNowhere

In the include custom section of deleting folder's can there be a way to add even registry folders? I stumbled across A folder in the registry that list all of the url's you have visited.

For those experienced with registry navigating take a look

- run regedit

- Go to HKEY_USERS

- Expand the first S-1-5-21-3169 XXXXXXXXXXX (Your's may be different)

- Expand Software

- Expand Microsoft

- Expand Windows

- Expand Internet Settings

- Expand P3P

- Expand History

Some of you may have hundreds of sites listed in this area. For this reason and many other reasons this is why I was wondering would this be added to CCleaner? There is indeed registry folders that hold temporary and permanent history too or the majority may call it junk.

I can help with location keys to this various folders is it's a passed feature addition. For now A good program I use is Registry Editor for tasking it better then the generic ms registry browser.

thanks for reading.

• Moderators

I don't have a history folder where you say, but I do have several History folders elsewhere, all empty. Perhaps you have some different settings from me. I'mn on XPH/SP2.

In the include custom section of deleting folder's can there be a way to add even registry folders? I stumbled across A folder in the registry that list all of the url's you have visited.

For those experienced with registry navigating take a look

- run regedit

- Go to HKEY_USERS

- Expand the first S-1-5-21-3169 XXXXXXXXXXX (Your's may be different)

- Expand Software

- Expand Microsoft

- Expand Windows

- Expand Internet Settings

- Expand P3P

- Expand History

Some of you may have hundreds of sites listed in this area. For this reason and many other reasons this is why I was wondering would this be added to CCleaner? There is indeed registry folders that hold temporary and permanent history too or the majority may call it junk.

I can help with location keys to this various folders is it's a passed feature addition. For now A good program I use is Registry Editor for tasking it better then the generic ms registry browser.

thanks for reading.

Hi EscNowhere,

You are tampering with areas that you shouldn't.

CCleaner is very far developed and has a safe record as a cleaner.

There are options to take care of what you want. I advise you to leave the Registry alone and only use programs like CCleaner to clean certain areas.

Go to this link and read the thread so you will understand. My reply gives you the solution for what you want to do.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=105534

I advise that you do not constantly clean this area but it's your PC.

Please don't be like some other users that have come to the forum complaining that CCleaner should automatically do this and that or whatever. Then post a nasty report about how CCleaner let them delete something that they shouldn't have.

Remember you are the one in control and are responsible for the results.

Good luck,

:) davey