Firefox 3 Robot Mascot

Humpty

Don't have FF 3 atm so can't check out the supposed robot mascot.

You may not know it, but Firefox has a mascot -- a robot that you can find in a hidden Easter egg in Firefox 3. In the address bar, type about:robots and you'll see the cheerful metal guy. The robot-related quotes displayed are from books and movies in which robots play a significant role, such as Blade Runner and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

If you look at the title for the page, you'll find what at first glance may seem to be gibberish: Gort! Klaatu barada nikto! In fact, that's the phrase used by Helen Benson in the science fiction classic The Day the Earth Stood Still, ordering the robot Gort not to destroy the Earth.

Article and Other Tips

Yep, I've accidentally seen that mascot when I was trying my luck finding hidden about: links, and so I stumbled across about:robots. While I was scavenging things inside the .jar files of Firefox, I've reached for its(gibberish phrases/sentences) translations and other text inside aboutDialog.dtd in en-US.jar. I'm planning to toy around in that .jar file, but I'm afraid I will just break my favorite about:robots.

:D