No option to not install Yahoo Toolbar when upgrading

When I upgraded my version of CCleaner last week, I was not prompted to not install the Yahoo Toolbar. I consider this a defect as it is an unwanted, third-party program being installed without my consent.

Please provide a clear option to not install the Yahoo Toolbar in all current and future CCleaner installations.

My advice:just use the slim or portable CCleaner. No yahoo toolbar included.

Ahh, I was not aware that they built an installer without the toolbar. It would be beneficial to make that clearer on the main download page.

In the days of rampant adware/spyware/malware and browser toolbars, it's a bit risky to just install a toolbar by default, even in the primary installation package. It certainly makes me uneasy about using the product.

Ahh, I was not aware that they built an installer without the toolbar. It would be beneficial to make that clearer on the main download page.

In the days of rampant adware/spyware/malware and browser toolbars, it's a bit risky to just install a toolbar by default, even in the primary installation package. It certainly makes me uneasy about using the product.

I agree about installing extra toolbars, my personal preference is for the Google Toolbar since it "lives" on your computer and doesn't require that you be online for it to come up which makes starting Firefox, or heaven help you if you're still using IE, faster. All that being said, the Yahoo toolbar isn't malicious and in fact it offers the yahoo anti-spyware scanner which is OK, not the top (SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor), but pretty good and very fast. And I'm sure the folks at Piriform are either making some money or get some hosting from Yahoo by including it, and that helps them give out CCleaner for free.

The link to the builds page above is good and also the one at MajorGeeks.com is static as well, even if the version changes.

Good Luck!

Vic

VicLovan.com

http://www.viclovan.com/ccleaner2settings.htm