Windows XP SP3 ISO available

Humpty

If you're installing Windows XP SP3 on multiple machines, or you still haven't got around to downloading it at all - you'll be pleased to learn Microsoft has released SP3 as an ISO image you can burn to CD, and then install from disc.

The pack contains all the fixes, updates and security hotfixes released previously, and we have it available for download via our download section here. It's a hefty 540MB, but once you've got it on disc, you won't need to download again.

XP SP3 ISO

:lol: Nice one.

Does this update actually include any new updates, or does this just include new patches and updates from previous updates?

Nothing new you will notice. I see no need for SP3 unless I am reinstalling Windows than it will be so much easier to use SP3 instead of downloading 9.345 million updates.

• Moderators

Thanks again for that post Humpty.

A quick download, burn to disk, and I've an SP3 CD to install whenever, or more importantly, it's there if I ever need to format/reinstall.

And as I'm going through an "addicted to screenshots" phase....

t235_XPServicePack3.jpg

Looks good.

Thanks again for that post Humpty.

A quick download, burn to disk, and I've an SP3 CD to install whenever, or more importantly, it's there if I ever need to format/reinstall.

And as I'm going through an "addicted to screenshots" phase....

t235_XPServicePack3.jpg

Looks good.

What did you do there Dennis? Did you just start the install process to get a shot of the dialog?

Are you still on SP2?

Just dropped it in the drive, and it pops up ready to install, or not.

Nice and simple for when a reinstall is necessary.

I am on SP2 also and see no reason to change. SP3 offers me nothing I need so why risk a major disaster. When I need to reinstall why not install SP3? It would be foolish not to.

• Moderators

I've been thinking along the same lines. It's a long time since I did a reinstall, and maybe I might just do that when it comes to the point when I have to install SP3.

Computers running like a Rolls Royce, so I'm happy as things are. But it's nice to have that CD available.