Update - Slow Analyze Scan (6/5/08)

As originally posted, Version 2.08.588 slowed Analyze Scan down to more than 40 seconds. The Run Cleaner scan also slowed down but not quite as much. As of this morning, the Analyze Scan is taking almost 90 seconds. Run Cleaner scan is taking almost 30 seconds. Absolutely nothing has changed on my computer since I originally posted this problem. I removed .588 and once again reinstalled 2.07.575 without success. I worked my way back to 2.05.555 and finally got the scan times back to "normal" (about 2 seconds for Analyze and less than a second for Clean.)

Is there nobody from the CCleaner team who can offer a possible explanation for this anomaly?

As originally posted, Version 2.08.588 slowed Analyze Scan down to more than 40 seconds. The Run Cleaner scan also slowed down but not quite as much. As of this morning, the Analyze Scan is taking almost 90 seconds. Run Cleaner scan is taking almost 30 seconds. Absolutely nothing has changed on my computer since I originally posted this problem. I removed .588 and once again reinstalled 2.07.575 without success. I worked my way back to 2.05.555 and finally got the scan times back to "normal" (about 2 seconds for Analyze and less than a second for Clean.)

Is there nobody from the CCleaner team who can offer a possible explanation for this anomaly?

Some older versions are missing cleaning some items.The newer versions don't.

Mine takes approximately 1.5 sec per MB to analyze and up to .5 per MB to clean after analyze.(no pre defrag of TIF)

Pent 4 2.8 256 MB RAM