The three times MISTERY TOUR

run1492

Hello,

As far as I can remember, since the first version I use, I have to run the registry integrity fix THREE TIMES until it says that "no error has been found".

Why It does not fix ALL the errors at once the first time it runs, so when I re-run this option I'd not find more errors ?

This is kind of simple question that has been on a unknown place in my mind for tooooo much time 8-D

Thanks in advance,

Roger

• Moderators

This is a perfectly normal thing with registry cleaners. You could run CCleaners Issues, follow that with Registry Mechanic, and then maybe EasyCleaner, and they would all probably find stuff the other one didn't.

And you could give each of them a second run, and they would quite likely find stuff they missed the first time. Not always the case, but usually.

The registry's a complex place, and a "safe" registry cleaner does not go too deep with it's scan. To be safe, it has to be non too aggressive.

It's usually a good idea, and doesn't hurt, to have CCleaner make more than one pass if you've been deleting/uninstalling stuff. You won't actually find a registry cleaner that finds everything in one pass.

If you did, it would probably also remove a lot of stuff it shouldn't.

Hope this clarifies things for you, and welcome to the forum by the way Roger.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I suppose that it goes like this:

the tool finds an entry A that is incorrect, so it deletes it

On second pass, it finds entry B that references that deleted entry A. So it shows it as a new entry... Am I right ?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

This is a perfectly normal thing with registry cleaners. You could run CCleaners Issues, follow that with Registry Mechanic, and then maybe EasyCleaner, and they would all probably find stuff the other one didn't.

And you could give each of them a second run, and they would quite likely find stuff they missed the first time. Not always the case, but usually.

The registry's a complex place, and a "safe" registry cleaner does not go too deep with it's scan. To be safe, it has to be non too aggressive.

It's usually a good idea, and doesn't hurt, to have CCleaner make more than one pass if you've been deleting/uninstalling stuff. You won't actually find a registry cleaner that finds everything in one pass.

If you did, it would probably also remove a lot of stuff it shouldn't.

Hope this clarifies things for you, and welcome to the forum by the way Roger.