necessary file deleted

sal

After running CCcleaner, I can no longer access some on-line sites. For example, the crossword page on the LATimes.com, or the Pay Bill page on socalgas.com. The page starts to load but gets stuck and won't finish. I assume some file(s) was deleted but don't know what they are or how to restore them. Any ideas? Thanks.

Welcome to Piriform Sal.

After running CCcleaner, I can no longer access some on-line sites. For example, the crossword page on the LATimes.com, or the Pay Bill page on socalgas.com. The page starts to load but gets stuck and won't finish. I assume some file(s) was deleted but don't know what they are or how to restore them. Any ideas? Thanks.

Do you mean this Los Angeles Times Daily Crossword? Well I don't know what you are missing but everything appears to load for me.

Once you've used CCleaner and cleaned out your Temporary Internet Files it does take a bit longer to load the flash player movie on the top.

I'm not sure which page on Southern California Gas Company you are looking at because I don't use that gas company. Again they use flash player. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi Sal,

I am presuming that this is the first time you have used CCleaner.Also this may be the first time that you have cleaned the Temporary Internet Files.In this case see this link and read my advice to another new user. http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=104329

Also save this link to the Users Guide.Use it often for awhile. http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

Good luck,

:) davey