Recuva and use with ridding of NAV 2007

kelly2

This will be the first time to rid of NAV 2007 so I plan to use Recuva and the Norton Clean Tool. This is just NAV and not Systemworks etc.

Does this sound ok?

I don't want any leftovers or traces that will mess up my install of my new A/V app.

I have googled and it does seem that this is a highly recommended process and I just thought that I would ask here.

This will be the first time to rid of NAV 2007 so I plan to use Recuva and the Norton Clean Tool. This is just NAV and not Systemworks etc.

Does this sound ok?

I don't want any leftovers or traces that will mess up my install of my new A/V app.

I have googled and it does seem that this is a highly recommended process and I just thought that I would ask here.

Hi Kelly,

Follow Norton/Symantec recommended method.

I don't know why you need to use Recuva to overwrite your deleted files but you can.I couldn't believe it but I used it to overwrite 1 time and it only took 30 mins for 50,000 files with nothing else running..

:) davey

P.S. Don't forget to backup your Registry with ERUNT and create a System Restore Point before uninstalling.Then do a Reboot after uninstalling and using the Clean Tool.Don't skip anything that they recommend.

Don't forget to activate and update your new A/V as soon as possible.