Internal Error

Bomor

Hey guys its me Bomor again, after my last entry to the Lounge Topics I am still no where near sorting out my computer Problem.

On booth up I get the Message "An Internal Error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the Error " Incorrect Function 0X80070001

I have taken on board what Hazelnut said and looked at the guys problem, but he never said how he sorted out the problem.

I have email Microsoft regarding this and all they are interested in is making money, They asked me for my PID and as I could not get into my computer to get this they suggeted I buy Microsoft Vista and load it onto the computer and the during booth up go to repair and repair the damage done.

You are smart guys out there right? is there anyway I can download Vista Free onto another computer and save it to disk? and then load it onto the currupt computer, as I am told this is the only way I can sort out my computer problem.

Microsoft was perloaded when I bought my computer

Thanks

Bomor

Nope. You can't download Vista for free as its a commercial (paid for) product. If you attempt to find Vista "for free" on the internet, you will breaking the law (depending on your country of course).

Did your computer not come with a recovery disk and/or a recovery partition? All legitimate computer sellers offer one of these two items for just this sort of scenario.

A recovery partition is a small section of your hard drive that is saved (or partitioned) with a bit of space that holds the complete operating system (as it was at the time of sale). When you load up the computer you can use the option to reformat and then reload the entire windows (or whatever) operating system. This will bring your computer back to the state it was when you first purchased it.

Depending on your computer savy, and the value of your laptop, it may be easier to just purchase a new copy of windows (i would go with xp) and completely reinstall. If you can't figure it out yourself, you can probably bring it to just about any computer shop and they can install in a few hours. :)