Audio "normalizer"?

CeeCee

When i watch, for example YouTube videos, audio sound level of course varies between the videos, so i always have to lower or higher the sound level between the videos. It's not very nice. So is there any 3rd-party program (or any other way) to keep the sound level always the same for every video?

• Moderators

In your web browser I haven't the foggiest ideal.

Some media players have built-in normalization for playback, however that doesn't exactly help with embedded streaming videos unless you download them for local playback.

I don't know if soundcard software is able to do it or not, however perhaps thats another area to look into.

Basically what you're asking about is an implementation of ReplayGain, which I wish was an industry standard in everything we listen to!

As far as I know, Andavari is correct....it would be nice if there was something for browser playback, because there are definetly some videos that are way to quiet. MaximumPC did a story about organizing your music collection, but that was obviously from songs and CD's that you owned and would be putting into iTunes or something like that.

AJ