Cookies

LiMillr

I find the option for saving some cookies way to difficult. One has to go through the whole list and move the ones for cookies they want to keep to the 'exclude' list. There is no way to select just some of the cookies when cleaning. This is way too much work.

Welcome to Piriform LiMillr.

The save cookies function is an excellent idea. If you use a lot of sites that need a username and password to use/enter the site it saves you remembering them. I use 50 different forums so its useful for me to save those sites in the Cookies to Keep list and just delete all the others.

Why do you find it difficult to save your cookies? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I find the option for saving some cookies way to difficult. One has to go through the whole list and move the ones for cookies they want to keep to the 'exclude' list. There is no way to select just some of the cookies when cleaning. This is way too much work.

Hi Li,

You are pulling our leg aren't you !!! Too much work?

CCleaner cleans so much that used to take hours manually when you consider all those Applications.

At least CCleaner allows you to save what cookies you want.Once saved you don't have to keep saving them.

However, you do want to save all your settings and cookies and Include/Exclude data.

To do this, you need to tick the option at Options > Advanced > Save settings to INI file.

After you do this,a file named (two small cc) CCleaner.ini will be created in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.

I recommend, once you get all that squared away,that you make a copy of the CCleaner.ini file and save it .That way if you ever uninstall CCleaner and re-install all you will have to do is copy your saved .ini file back into your new C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder and all your preferences and settings will be restored to CCleaner.

Good Luck,

:) davey

Edited by davey

Hi Li,

You are pulling our leg aren't you !!! Too much work?

CCleaner cleans so much that used to take hours manually when you consider all those Applications.

At least CCleaner allows you to save what cookies you want.Once saved you don't have to keep saving them.

However, you do want to save all your settings and cookies and Include/Exclude data.

To do this, you need to tick the option at Options > Advanced > Save settings to INI file.

After you do this,a file named (two small cc) CCleaner.ini will be created in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.

I recommend, once you get all that squared away,that you make a copy of the CCleaner.ini file and save it .That way if you ever uninstall CCleaner and re-install all you will have to do is copy your saved .ini file back into your new C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder and all your preferences and settings will be restored to CCleaner.

Good Luck,

:) davey

Why not just save user name password in the browser?

No fate but what we make