User Friendlyness

mam204

I would like to see maybe a small box at the bottom of the CCleaner window for descriptions. These would come up for every item with a check box next to it, whenever you clicked on the name. In it would be a much more detailed description of what CCleaner will actually be doing if this option is checked. Just one or two sentences would be fine. I think it would help with general knowledge of what is going on. For example, most everyone knows what cookies are and what they do, but it may be more of a mystery if they should delete the memory dumps or clean out regedit. Also this may allow you to get rid of the four annoying pop ups when you click the advanced button. I don't think this would be very hard to add because it is just cosmetic, not really internal. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

I would like to see maybe a small box at the bottom of the CCleaner window for descriptions. These would come up for every item with a check box next to it, whenever you clicked on the name. In it would be a much more detailed description of what CCleaner will actually be doing if this option is checked. Just one or two sentences would be fine. I think it would help with general knowledge of what is going on. For example, most everyone knows what cookies are and what they do, but it may be more of a mystery if they should delete the memory dumps or clean out regedit. Also this may allow you to get rid of the four annoying pop ups when you click the advanced button. I don't think this would be very hard to add because it is just cosmetic, not really internal. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Hello mam204,

I am sure your suggestion will be reviewed.

Annoying pop ups are for a purpose.More are being planned.

Many items in the Advanced cleaning options and Registry cleaning can not be explained in a few sentences.They require that the user be more knowledgeable than the casual user.

As regards the cleaning features most users should use the "default" settings as provided.

Most users should not use the Registry "cleaning" function until they gain enough knowledge or just don't do it.

The TOOLS function should not be used by casual users either.Some users have even thought that this section recommended that all the Programs listed should be Uninstalled.

CCleaner came out of the need to clean more areas than covered by Windows Disk Cleanup utility.

In CCleaner USE THE "DEFAULT" Windows options and review the Application cleaning options.The Application options are set to be safe for "most" users not all users.

Basically it comes down to the fact that cleaning your PC of junk is not a task to be performed by the uninformed.The uninformed should use Windows Disk Cleanup utility.

Remember YOU are the one that clicks on the "Run cleaner" button. READ AND USE THE GUIDE.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1504 Bookmark it and save in your Favorites.

Thanks for taking your time to offer your suggestions.

:) davey