Microsoft Monthly Patch Logs

Bartolo

Please forgive what must be a common beginner question, but my initial analyze run includes all those Knnnnnn files left over from the monthly Microsoft patches. A while back I noticed all these files and emailed MS help about them and was told not to delete them.

Is Microsoft being overly cautious and can I let CCleaner get rid of them? Perhaps they look at them when I click on Patch History while in MS update.

Thanks

Many people have viewed my post, but no one has any thoughts.

Do people recognize these KBnnnnnn log files left over from our monthly MS patch updates?

Do People let CCleaner delete them, or do they uncheck the Windows Log Files under System?

For those that do allow CCleaner to delete them, do you ever have a problem with MS updates after doing so?

Thanks,

Bartolo

I know what you're talking about but I have no idea what damage can or can't be done by doing that. I don't touch those files myself. It's tricky enough for me playing with Registry files that I have no business touching.

Hopefully someone who's more knowledgable on the subject will answer here.

Many people have viewed my post, but no one has any thoughts.

Do people recognize these KBnnnnnn log files left over from our monthly MS patch updates?

Do People let CCleaner delete them, or do they uncheck the Windows Log Files under System?

For those that do allow CCleaner to delete them, do you ever have a problem with MS updates after doing so?

Thanks,

Bartolo

Hi Barttolo,

I leave this unchecked until I feel I don't need any of these logs.Especially when next "Patch Tuesday" comes around.Never had any need for these logs in the past.

Any Windows logs can come in handy if you have problems but there is no need to keep them more than a couple of weeks.

:) davey

Hi Barttolo,

I leave this unchecked until I feel I don't need any of these logs.Especially when next "Patch Tuesday" comes around.Never had any need for these logs in the past.

Any Windows logs can come in handy if you have problems but there is no need to keep them more than a couple of weeks.

:) davey

Thanks, Davey. I suppose to be safe I could delete one of the oldest files outside of CCleaner and wait until the May update to see what happens. I can't see why we need to keep years' worth of these things.

Bartolo