C:\Windows - Log files

Sockdown

I don't know how CCleaner decides which log files to delete, but if it decides based on a few ones that are excluded or something like that, then must be careful with which log files it delete. I was just running Oracle XE 10 normally(last program installed), close it down, ran CCleaner to erase crap and when I tried to connect to the database, it said: "Oracle Not Available, No realm something". When you install Oracle, a log file is created called OracleXEServerInstall or something like that, that apperently it's needed to run Oracle normally I think. I noticed that when that file was been deleted(5.74MB) I think it was, it just kept the progress bar running but nothing happened. Heard of something like this? Take a look just in case. Thanx. Later.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

I don't know how CCleaner decides which log files to delete, but if it decides based on a few ones that are excluded or something like that, then must be careful with which log files it delete. I was just running Oracle XE 10 normally(last program installed), close it down, ran CCleaner to erase crap and when I tried to connect to the database, it said: "Oracle Not Available, No realm something". When you install Oracle, a log file is created called OracleXEServerInstall or something like that, that apperently it's needed to run Oracle normally I think. I noticed that when that file was been deleted(5.74MB) I think it was, it just kept the progress bar running but nothing happened. Heard of something like this? Take a look just in case. Thanx. Later.

Ok, I just uninstalled Oracle, installed it again, the file OracleDatabaseXEServerInstall is not null now, and tried to connect to Oracle and now it connected. I don't know if this is ocurring because of that file, but take a look for Oracle needed files. Thanx again. Later.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

}

Ok, I just uninstalled Oracle, installed it again, the file OracleDatabaseXEServerInstall is not null now, and tried to connect to Oracle and now it connected. I don't know if this is ocurring because of that file, but take a look for Oracle needed files. Thanx again. Later.

Hey Sockdown,

If ORACLE shows in the Applications list you might want to uncheck it until you can get some more info.

Also review winapp2.ini if you are using it.

:) davey

Hey Sockdown,

If ORACLE shows in the Applications list you might want to uncheck it until you can get some more info.

Also review winapp2.ini if you are using it.

No, Oracle does not show on the Applications List and I'm not using winapp2.ini. Just the default installation. But thanks. :D

Ran CCleaner again excluding the file: "C:\WINDOWS\OracleDatabaseXEServerInstall.log" and tried to connect to Oracle again and it connected. I could try to run it without excluding it again, but I don't want to wait 10-12 minutes again if Oracle goes kaboom hehe.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

}

No, Oracle does not show on the Applications List and I'm not using winapp2.ini. Just the default installation. But thanks. :D

Ran CCleaner again excluding the file: "C:\WINDOWS\OracleDatabaseXEServerInstall.log" and tried to connect to Oracle again and it connected. I could try to run it without excluding it again, but I don't want to wait 10-12 minutes again if Oracle goes kaboom hehe.

I can't blame you not wanting to remove it from your Exclude list.

Maybe just .log has a lot to do with it.I have experienced software that uses such files just to get up and running and they are not used again.Keep an eye on that file and see if it grows.

I can't blame you not wanting to remove it from your Exclude list.

Maybe just .log has a lot to do with it.I have experienced software that uses such files just to get up and running and they are not used again.Keep an eye on that file and see if it grows.

Well, now I'm having my doubts that CCleaner is responsible cause I ran CCleaner, something got messed up. Oracle error: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error. Then, since I thought it got messed up, I excluded the file and ran CCleaner again removing the file OracleDatabaseXEServerInstall.log with 1 simple overwrite. It wasn't working, so I stopped the Database and started the Database again so the Listener was now working and it connected. I'm gonna keep searching for information about this. Until then, thanks. :D

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

}