active X controls

ladiharli

:( Hi, my cousin just got a new E machine with XP, that's what I am running.

I use spiral frog for downloading music.

I have tried for a week to do the same on her computer, it keeps coming up saying this computer does not accept active x and to download the patch, when I go to download the button is greyed out.

It says to use IE7 but I can run sprial with firefox with no problem.

Also this morning when I ran CC I noticed on mine I had a lot of files saying missing or invalid active X, should I delete them.

I have run the applications before, should I fix those problems also.

Thanks for any help.

ladiharli

:( Hi, my cousin just got a new E machine with XP, that's what I am running.

I have tried for a week to do the same on her computer, it keeps coming up saying this computer does not accept active x and to download the patch, when I go to download the button is greyed out.

Thanks for any help.

ladiharli

Hello ladiharli',

You may need some software from MS as regards ActiveX.You probably need IE to do this.

I hope her E-machine is better than what I have been reading on the net.

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S. Also make sure your cousins Browsing settings at IE Tools > Internet options > Advanced match your settings Especially those to allow downloading.I don't use Firefox but I think the terminology is the same.

P.S.S Your computer also will probably benefit from a visit to the Microsoft update website.

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Keep going back to MS update until it says there are no more updates required.

Don't worry about cleaning your Registry until you do what is advised above.

Then consider what is in this link.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=96510

Edited by davey

Thanks, we both have auto update and on my computer it just said I needed to upgrade internet explorer. I am running 7 already so don't know what else to do.

Also her settings and mine are exactly the same. any more suggestions??

Thanks for your reply.

ladiharli

Thanks, we both have auto update and on my computer it just said I needed to upgrade internet explorer. I am running 7 already so don't know what else to do.

Also her settings and mine are exactly the same. any more suggestions??

Thanks for your reply.

ladiharli

============================================

more info on it,the name of the? that you need & way do you need it?

============================================

do you need update may be not upgrade,have you got some stoper like antispy?

can you give a list of software on you PC.

I use spiral frog for downloading music.

ladiharli

Post Edit

Hello ladihari,

I made a little visit to SpiralFrog and now I understand.

The following link is at SpiralFrog.com

Follow the directions there to solve your problem.

http://www.spiralfrog.com/pages/support.aspx ....When you get to the page,go down some under SUPPORT and click on Windows Media Player Security Settings.A description of your problem and the solution will appear there.

You have some work to do!!!

Good luck, :) davey Post Edit

Hotdog3 has a good point about what security programs you are using.

These answers help to evaluate the problem.Just fill in the answers next to the questions?

OS and version .

Browsers and ver.?

Security software and ver?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

Are you both using the same security software and are the settings the same.

You say "it keeps coming up saying this computer does not accept active x and to download the patch"

What is giving this message?

Download what patch and from where?

What download button is greyed out?

What says to use IE7?

If you are trying to download software What is the name of the software and from where are you trying to download it.

The more I think about it ,it sounds like someone or something is trying to get you to switch over to IE7 so something not so nice can be downloaded.

Are you downloading from the same site that you used for your computer?Is the site "safe"?

You must be careful about where you are downloading from.

As you can see we still need clarification,

:) davey

Edited by davey

I have cc cleaner, spybot, avast anti virus. What I am trying to do is download songs from Spiral Frog. to my media player(may cousin's) I can do it on mine just fine but on her's I can't.

We both have e-machines. Hers is a gateway, what I can't figure out is why it says it won't take active x. What settings should she have to correct this problem?

Thanks.

ladiharli

I have cc cleaner, spybot, avast anti virus. What I am trying to do is download songs from Spiral Frog. to my media player(may cousin's) I can do it on mine just fine but on her's I can't.

We both have e-machines. Hers is a gateway, what I can't figure out is why it says it won't take active x. What settings should she have to correct this problem?

Thanks.

ladiharli

Hi again ,

Your answer is here from my prior reply

You always have to check back in my replies.I am constanly updating them. :rolleyes:

That's just me .

Post Edit

Hello ladihari,

I made a little visit to SpiralFrog and now I understand.

The following link is at SpiralFrog.com

Follow the directions there to solve your problem.

http://www.spiralfrog.com/pages/support.aspx

....When you get to the page,go down some under SUPPORT and click on Windows Media Player Security Settings.

A description of your problem and the solution will "magically" appear there. :D

You have some work to do!!!

Good luck,

:) davey Post Edit

to both emails, I have gone spiral frog support, my security settings on media players are the same as my cuz's, I am running windows xp, ie7 and she is running exactly the same as I am.

the button that is grayed out is from microsoft download page.

spiral frog says their programs runs better on IE7 but we both have that, I can use firefox but on hers I can't use either one of them.

Thanks

Spybot S & D may stop you # 1 in tools > SD Helper & Tea Timer [ IE bad download blocker ] # 2 IE Tweaks Lock setings > so fix is you can un tick or tell it to exit is the best then update, work good restart spybot S & D :blink::blink: & you may need to add in the trusted sites Privacy Sites Allow,http://www.spiralfrog.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Spybot S & D may stop you # 1 in tools > SD Helper & Tea Timer [ IE bad download blocker ] # 2 IE Tweaks Lock setings > so fix is you can un tick or tell it to exit is the best then update, work good restart spybot S & D :blink::blink: & you may need to add in the trusted sites Privacy Sites Allow,http://www.spiralfrog.com/

I already have done that. Now I have another problem!!!! I transferred all my music to real player. But the past few days when I use either media player or real player, it freezes up on me.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?? Also on CC cleaner I just run the windows, should I click over and run the applications also, I never have..

Thanks for all your help.

ladiharli