latest abiword

rridgely

• Moderators

Wow, I just tried the newest abiword update and they are doing a lot of work on that program.

Its much better than when I used to use it before openoffice 2x came out. I'm going to have to play with it a little more but for writing reports and definitely bulleted notes its probably better than openoffice writer.

I noticed that when I used linux mint that openoffice had all kinds of issues with bullets. It would not unindent properly when I pressed enter with a blank bullet and would get them out of alignment, ect. Abiword doesn't have this problem.

Its interface is very old school but its effective enough. It doesn't have a problem keeping up with fast typers anymore.(I used to get annoyed with its "flickering" but it doesn't have that problem anymore)

I use ms word for just about everything now but I plan to keep playing with abi now. Its coming along very nicely.

http://www.abisource.com/

• Moderators

I've often wanted to try it when I see it has been updated an listed on the main Filehippo.com page. One aspect that makes it very appealing is the cross platform support, and knowing the ability to open documents won't be a hassle.