amazing performance increase

dillwidit

Is it common that CCleaner alone can generate performance gains to the extent that i never have to wait for anything to load anymore?

Im serious. When i open my documents and lets say the MyPictures, i use to see the pictures load from the top down to the bottom. When Id go into Windows and then the Cursors folder they would do the same thing, start loading from the top down. Everything is already there now and loaded. Instant.

Is this common? Or is this the way everyones is already, mine just started to be this way. Even after i shutdown and start back up, the very first time i open these folders, everything is already loaded. Im just unsure as to the cause of this sudden speed.

Is it common that CCleaner alone can generate performance gains to the extent that i never have to wait for anything to load anymore?

Im serious. When i open my documents and lets say the MyPictures, i use to see the pictures load from the top down to the bottom. When Id go into Windows and then the Cursors folder they would do the same thing, start loading from the top down. Everything is already there now and loaded. Instant.

Is this common? Or is this the way everyones is already, mine just started to be this way. Even after i shutdown and start back up, the very first time i open these folders, everything is already loaded. Im just unsure as to the cause of this sudden speed.

Hello dillwidit,

Welcome back to the real world of computing.Isn't it fun?

What else have you done?

Maybe you have been loaded down all along and didn't realize how much.

Ther are other things to be done,if you have not already done them.

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S. I hope you recorded how much freespace you had before CCleaner and then after.

Of course the performance difference is the best measure.Sometimes it is not how much is cleaned but where it was cleaned.

:D You sound as excited as I was when this happened.Maybe even more!!! :D

Now,don't come back and tell me the performance increase was due to your AV being turned off.

Sometimes that happens and if so, you have some investigating and decision making to do.

Anyway, glad to hear of your performance increase.

Edited by davey

I am excited, its crazy how much faster it is. And my AV is still on so that wasnt what was slowing it down. As far as other things you suggest i should do...what are they? I use ad-aware, spybot, i defrag. Now CCleaner, Thats it.

If you think theres more i can do please let me know, i really cant see it getting any faster though- i click it and its there.

I unfortunately did not note the increase in freed up space though.

Here is my system stats...its a notebook by the way

AMD Turion 64 X 2 Mobile TL-60 2.01GHz

Windows XP Pro SP2

2 GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

I am using a VW desktop compared to your Ferrari notebook.

Did this increase occur right after using CCleaner?

Did you do any Registry fixes?How many?

Do you use Defraggler?

Did you make any Services changes?

How much do you specify for Internet temporary cache? 50 > 100 MB unless you want to carry the internet around with you. :lol:

Does your notebook weigh a lot less now? :P

Edited by davey

Hey now, i drive a VWGolf, lol.

Yeah other than the few things i listed, it happened right after using CCleaner- it fixed a good bit of registry things... not sure but id say over 150. I do not use defraggler and as far as the services or temp internet cache- i have no clue what that is.

All i know is the speed difference is amazing and i aint complaining.

Are there other things i should consider using?

Yeah other than the few things i listed, it happened right after using CCleaner- it fixed a good bit of registry things... not sure but id say over 150. I do not use defraggler and as far as the services or temp internet cache- i have no clue what that is.

Marijuana

At your experience level, you don't need anything else to increase performance.

However,I recommend you check out this link and apply it.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=96510

Every time you use new software,note some before and after stats.

What data back up software do you use?

If you are all set good.If not,start searching the forum for some back up software.

I am looking myself.

Good Luck ,