Dumb questions by a newbie

whs

I was trying to download the beginners guide. But when I tried to open it, I received the message "Navigation page has been deleted" - or something like that. Then I was playing around with Recuva just to see what it might be able to do for me in case of an emergency. Well, I picked some recently deleted files (.pdf and .jpeg) that were marked as "Excellent". Could recover them alright - the .pdf looked like a normal Adobe file and the .jpeg looked like a generic picture. But when I was trying to open them with the respective programs, those programs could not deal with the filetype (supposedly corrupted). Is there some pre- or post-processing I have to do or am I missing something?

Hi whs,

Looks like you have done everything correctly.

Even down to testing the recovered files.

You may already be using this link but just in case here's a good explanation about Recuva by one of the development team.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=95389

Welcome to the forum.

:) davey

P.S. There are very experienced Recuva uses and testers that may be able to tell you how to make those recovered files usable.Many things can happen to a file after it is deleted.

I was trying to download the beginners guide. But when I tried to open it, I received the message "Navigation page has been deleted" - or something like that.

Well you can download the BeginnersGuide.zip here, it works for me. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well you can download the BeginnersGuide.zip here, it works for me. ;)

Thanks for the link. It was actually the same that I was using but at the time I was not logged in. That's why it was refusing my request. You live and learn.

Hi whs,

Looks like you have done everything correctly.

Even down to testing the recovered files.

You may already be using this link but just in case here's a good explanation about Recuva by one of the development team.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=95389

Welcome to the forum.

:) davey

P.S. There are very experienced Recuva uses and testers that may be able to tell you how to make those recovered files usable.Many things can happen to a file after it is deleted.

Thanks for the answer. Is there a rule of thumb for how many "exellent" files will actually recover to a working state?