After installing Recuva computer won't boot

Tfast

I recently downloaded and installed Recuva on my Toshiba Laptop Satellite A105. I ran it and it worked fine. The next time I turned on my computer it would not boot. I get a message that says:

"We appologize but windows did not start successfully, a recent hardware or software change may have caused this."

It then gives me options to start in:

"Safe Mode

Safe mode with networking

Safe mode with command prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows normally"

Any choice does the same thing, it starts to boot and then comes back with the same message all over again. The only hardware or software change I have done lately is to add and run Recuva. Anyone had this problem? Might it be related to Recuva? And idea on how to get my comp to reboot short of running the recovery cd and losing everything on the hard drive?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Tfast,

This is the first time I have heard about it.

Can you Reboot into safe mode yourself by Repeated clicking of F8 right after pushing the start

button?.

Your objective is to

Run C:/Program Files/Recuva/uninst.exe

Running this program will uninstall Recuva.

Then do a normal boot and see what happens.

What OS and VERSION,Browsers, and specifically what security programs are you using.

Fill us in.

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S. You definitely don't want to do anything as drastic as you are thinking.

Edited by davey

When you say you ran it what did you actually do???

If I hit F8 it then gives me some booting options - the ones I specified in my first post plus a a few others like debugging and return to OS Choices menu but then again, trying to do any of these it seems to start a booting process and comes back with a bunch of lines of "multi (0) disk rdisk(0) .... ... stuff and then the exact message as in my first post "we apologize for any inconvenience but widows did not start successfully ....".

By "running" recuva I mean I downloaded, installed and then ran a search to recover files, viewed a few but not much more than that.

I have no idea if it is just a coincidence or if it has something to do with Recuva. My guess is that it's a coincidence but really have not idea.

Thanks.