Firefox3 Beta3 very old history reappeared

crispydog

Been using CC and FF for long time, but just downloaded and began using FF3B3 today. When I typed just www in the url, a list of 10 very old history urls appeared. Where did they come from? I am very concerned with both CC and FF at this. I sent beta feedback to FF. This is not acceptable.

Firefox 3 isn't supported by CCleaner yet, because of it being in beta. Once it becomes fully released, CCleaner will obviously support it, because of how popular it is. Until then, if you decide to use it, you will have to delete it manually.

AJ

maybe I misunderstand, but it sounds like he's saying he downloaded firefox beta today, and OLD history (presumably, from before today) showed up.

doesnt CC clean the history?

I believe only if he had run CCleaner before he installed the beta, as it would have imported the old history upon install. Firefox is pretty good at that since it's looking for the profile to import and then does so. If he ran CCleaner and then did the upgrade to the install it most likely would have been clear. Also make sure that that history isn't something left over from an ill advised trip using Internet Explorer. The history from IE is imported on the install of FF if you tell it to.