The NEW Canon rock!

YoKenny

The NEW Canon rock!!! B)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Blimey, he is way beyond good! B)

Stolen from one of the comments:

Pachelbel's Canon (also known as Canon in D major, or, more formally, Canon and Gigue in D major for three Violins and Basso Continuo (Kanon und Gigue in D-Dur f?r drei Violinen und Basso Continuo)) is the most famous piece of music by Johann Pachelbel. It was written in or around 1680, during the Baroque period, as a piece of chamber music for three violins and basso continuo, but has since been arranged for a wide variety of ensembles.

Actually, IMO, not that good. The original* that kicked off the stream of copies is alot more competent (and impressive - flash without being OTT):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

*Actually not the original version of the song (search for JerryC for that) but the one that got noticed and started off all the copies on YouTube

• Moderators

That piece of music has to be in every music lovers library, and I've listened over the years to lots of interpretations by different Ensembles and different Conductors, and the only one on that page that hit the spot, was the one YoKenny linked to.

That was a touch of magic, and I'm only disappointed it wasn't in stereo.

That piece of music has to be in every music lovers library, and I've listened over the years to lots of interpretations by different Ensembles and different Conductors

I stumbled across a site a while back that had 50 different versions you could download (whilst trying to find a specific version for my mum), can't find it now but did stumble across this which I thought was quite amusing:

Why I hate Pachelbel's Canon

• Moderators
I stumbled across a site a while back that had 50 different versions you could download (whilst trying to find a specific version for my mum), can't find it now but did stumble across this which I thought was quite amusing:

Why I hate Pachelbel's Canon

Enjoyed that. Being a fan of Greenday, I liked the medeley of songs that use those chords.

Methinks he actually likes the tune.