CCleaner deleting wanted IE History

CJNY

Since I've installed the latest version, CCleaner has cleaned IE's "History", which I need to keep for reference. I've had the exact same setting's, since I first installed CCleaner some years back. Nothing else has changed. Nothing new installed. No other settings have been changed. Is this an issue with v2.0.4.543? Any clue as to why this is happening? I've got IE set to clear "history" every 6 days. I never had a problem prior to this latest install. :(

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

CJ

yes i noticed that too. IE history is unchecked and it still gets erased. it looks like a bug in the latest version.

the "fix" for now is to manually add the HISTORY folder to EXCLUDE option :

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History

then the IE history wont get erased B)

MrG

Windows XP Home SP2 - Fully patched

IE6, FF

Anything more necessary?

FWIW ..Directly below is something I'm now seeing daily which I don't remember seeing before. (It could have been there. But.. I don't remember seeing it. :rolleyes: ) I've always had the 'Delete Index.dat files' option checked off. <-- again, FWIW. Will unchecking the .dat files be of any help?

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008012520080126\index.dat

Do these reflect deletion dates? Yesterday's history is now gone. I run CCleaner nightly and it seems to be wiping out any prior history.

The above I don't remember seeing before. Despite the fact, I usually look at what CCleaner wants to remove, I now don't remember if the History TEMP files were ever specified, as I see it below. These are the only other present "history releated" items:

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\History\History.IE5\desktop.ini 113 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\History\History.IE5\index.dat 16.00KB

At the moment, I'm more concerned about what I need to do to retain the history, than I am about "cleaning". Short of "excluding" the history folder, is there anything else I can do in the interim, to retain these specific files, while still being able to make use of CCleaner?

TIA