Deploying CCleaner over multiple PC's

KRiSX

Hey all

I have deployed CCleaner across multiple systems, i was under the impression that CCleaner stored the options you select in one of the .ini files in the same directory as the executable. However I have discovered this isn't the case, to deploy CCleaner i copied all the CCleaner files into a directory, ran CCleaner and selected all the options i wanted.

I then rar'd the folder and created a self extracting executable and deployed it out to my PC's.

That was fine, but after running it from one of the PC's i noticed that all the selections were wrong (not the same as what i selected on my pc).

My idea is to schedule it to run using the /auto switch... but i can't do that on the default settings as it clears out stuff i don't want to clean.

Where are the settings stored?

Thanks

Hi KRiSX,

Sounds like you know better what you are trying to do than I do.Are you installing v 2.03.532?

When you downloaded did you select "run" and let the wizard install everything to

\Program Files\CCleaner. Eveything should be there.

Run CCleaner and set your settings then exit.

Look into the \Proram Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.ini file and check that the settings are as you expect.

That is "CCleaner.ini" with two small "cc".

Now you can package it as you like.

Best Wishes,

:) davey

Have you tried the portable version availabe here: http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

Can you explain the functionality of the portable version

Can this portable version be used eg cleaning other portable disks connected to a host?

I connected a portable disk to the host named as F:/ How do I select this portable drive for CC cleaner to run F:/ instead of C:/

Thanks

Pieter

Can you explain the functionality of the portable version

Can this portable version be used eg cleaning other portable disks connected to a host?

I connected a portable disk to the host named as F:/ How do I select this portable drive for CC cleaner to run F:/ instead of C:/

The 'portable' refers to the program being portable (ie doesn't need to be installed)

The 'portable' refers to the program being portable (ie doesn't need to be installed)
well i am aware of that but my question was really how to run cc cleaner on a portable disk connected to the host

When i run it now it aut runs C:/ But I like to select an other drive Do you know how?

• 4 weeks later...

KRiSX, pieter,

If you download the 'portable' version of CCleaner from the "other Builds" page, you get a version that does not need to be installed. All the settings are saved in the same folder as the CCleaner program file (in an .ini file). This means that when you change the settings once, all the computers you use CCleaner on will see the same settings.

Unzip the portable copy of CCleaner and it's ready to run. You can put it on a USB drive but an even better idea is to copy it to a folder that's shared on your network. Keep all the files from the zip file together in one folder.

Run CCleaner.exe with the command line switch /AUTO to automatically run and clean. You can set this up on a schedule (on each computer) if you want.

Sorry if this is an older topic, but I thought it might help others.

-CN