CCleaner doesn't do Opera

esm

Hi,

Because of some recent Opera speed issues I downloaded the latest version of CCleaner. It runs great except that Opera is nowhere to be seen in the Apps tab. What am I doing wrong here?

CCleaner does do Opera. Not as well as Firefox and IE though. Do you have Opera installed in the default location? If not CCleaner won't detect it is installed.

Edit: seems me and CTskifreak posted at the same time :P.

No, my OS is of course on the C drive, all my apps are on the D drive. That's what partitions are for.

Doesn't provide the cleaner a feature that lets me select which apps I want to be cleaned, no matter on which partition they are?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Because of some recent Opera speed issues I downloaded the latest version of CCleaner. It runs great except that Opera is nowhere to be seen in the Apps tab. What am I doing wrong here?

I'd like to confirm esm's observation. I run CCleaner 2.04.543 regularly on a Vista Ultimate machine and it identifies Opera as an application,, however it does not on a fresh XP install with Opera on another machine.

Opera version is 9.50 beta build 9755. On XP I'm installed in "C:\_PROGRAMS\Internet\_OPERA" and the Application Data is in "C:\Documents and Settings\####\Application Data\Opera\_OPERA\profile"

The install directory on Vista is identical. It's probably the profile causing the problem in my XP install since there is a \Opera\_Opera... dunno. I don't know what CCleaner looks for...

You can just set custom directories via options... for cleaning as a workaround... however it would be nice to have seamless Opera support. Opera needs a little more consideration people! It's use is under-reported.

Great program.

C

Especially since CCleaner brags about cleaning Opera on their website!

The fact that their tech support does not respond to repeated inquiries is suspicious. That usually happens only when one deals with a fly-by-night outfit.

The fact that their tech support does not respond to repeated inquiries is suspicious. That usually happens only when one deals with a fly-by-night outfit.

Well, it's obvious that it seems to be a problem with your PC configuration. I personally have 2 PC's, one XP Home and one 2000 Pro and have never had a problem.

However, if you notice, you are member # 18225, so this is no "fly by night" operation. Honestly, Piriform is a very small company, and Mr.G is one of the few people that works on all three programs. The moderator's (to my knowledge) moderate the forums, and are able to help people fix most of the known issues, but there are only so many of them. It is not easy running a company with out much capital, most of it coming from donations.

AJ

Relax.. it's not that big a deal. Just go 'options' -> 'include' and set your Opera directories. You have to keep in mind that Opera 9.2 and 9.5 have changed their standard directory structure. It's a new app... give developers some time to catch up.