What I'm thinking for as a configuration...

CTskifreak

tdwishlistwo5.png

In this case. (I own it! :D) Silver one with window!!!

What do you guys all think?? I'm going for a mid-to-high end system, and I'm putting in 3 GBs of RAM, because 32 bit Windows XP Pro won't see more than that - I'm keeping it in dual channel by using all 4 slots. I want the headroom of a quad core, so I went with the Q6600, which I know rocks. The other items I more or less went for what I thought was a good deal between price and performance. Note, 2 8800 GT's, for SLI goodness, a decent sized monitor, a modest harddrive, a basic DVD burner, a quality power supply, a good mouse and keyboard, and all for under $2000.

This is all from TigerDirect.com.

So....any suggestions? Is EPP memory fine with this board?

AJ

EDIT- I changed to a $30 Samsung burner, because the one in my list is PATA, and I want to use SATA, which is very fast.

Looks like a "killer" machine but I would go for 4 sticks of 1gb ram but only run 2 gb which is plenty, and keep the other 2 gb in case I decided to try out a 64 bit system.

Don't like mixing different sized ram here.Not that it will cause any probs, just a personal preference.

The 22 inch lcd seems a bargain as this Samsung 22 inch with very similar specs was near on 500 au bucks! :huh:

Yeah...I'm going to go with your suggestion with the RAM when I buy it ---hopefully soon! And ironically it will be cheaper.

The GFX card is no longer in stock...I'll have to move to the EVGA $299.99 "Superclocked" edition. Only a few less mhz on the RAM clockings and such, and it saves me about $40.

I also threw in that fancy Zalman CPU cooler for $59.99. It's that good circular one with an LED.

So it comes in around $1850+, then the shipping brings it to $1900 something or other.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

AJ

tdwishlistmh6.png

Subtotal = $1,860.89

S&H = $54.57

Total = $1,915.46

Found a deal on the motherboard and processor - comes with RAM. So I changed it...and had to change from the Zalman cooler, cause they don't carry it any more.

What do you guys think??? Wanna chip in...considering I got to buy my laptop for RPI :P !! Cost = $1950 for a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with a lot of stuff on it.

AJ

I think it looks decent, though I'd change two things, I'd get a SATA-interface optical drive, and I wouldn't waste my money on Ballistix memory, unless I was planning to overclock.

Have fun though :).

IPB Image