Need help recovering emptied recycle bin

burnabycomputer

well i accidentally had moved a folder into the recycling bin and by habit i run CCleaner when the bin is full

so now i lost a good 50 pictures that i would like back.

i tried

EasyRecovery Professional

Recover My Files

on the speedier file scans, but it didnt pick them up

initially when i was running a demo of one of these recovery programs it found some of the pics but after trying again later, it didn't.

ive done a reboot for the hell of it and tried the quicker scans and still nothing

am i too late, are the files and pictures from the desktop directory lost forever?

or can i do a hardcore scan that takes many hours to possibly find them?? anyone know which searching method is best?

thanks

• Moderators

Recycler renames the files to something silly when it is cleared out, so you may have to search on date/time. I can't remember if it renames the file type as well, possibly it does, so searching for jpg won't find them. Recuva is excellent as it gives you a preview so you can flick through many files quickly.

The bad news is that every time you touch Windows, run programs, etc you're overwriting what's been deleted, so be cautious. Don't reboot, don't post to this forum, don't do anything else if you can help it (even better if you have another pc to use), download Recuva to a flash drive, install it on, and run it from, that. You get the idea.

Rgds.