Disappearing programs from software-list

Sillysauce

A while back I Cleaned my Pc with CCleaner, and when the program was finished I saw a lot of program-names(in the log) of the ones that I am using. After I noticed this I used my computer a couple of weeks or maybe longer. Nothing wrong so I didn't give it any further thought..

Now a week or so back I was looking at my software-list and noticed that some programs were missing??(allthough they are still there and working, thank god..) Also the programs that are still On the list are missing their size-indications and their uninstall options?? I think(am almost sure) this happened during the scan that I mentioned at the beginning of post.

I installed the programs that were missing over the ones that were still there(but not visible) and this made them appear back in the list???????????

What the hell happened and how do I prevent it from happening again? :blink:

Does anybody know if this has happened to other users?

And how do I get my uninstall-options back?? :angry:

Never had this problem(or any) with CCleaner before

Smitfraud-c caused some problems on my machine a week or so back, Windows-Add or Remove Programs list is missing lots of uninstall buttons etc.

It might be a good idea to post a HJT Log.

Wonder if they could be hidden from the windows add/remove list.

Try the tip below.

Windows Explorer>Tools>Folder Options check Show hidden files and folders.

Open sysoc.inf in the C:\WINDOWS\inf Then press Ctrl+H to open the Replace Wizard.

In Replace Wizard:

Find what: ,hide,

Replace with: ,,

Then go to control panel Add/Remove , if there were any hidden components they should now show.