Norton AV 2007

craigathus

Hi guys ;)

As I've mentioned in my topic Back to square 1 I've been having a couple of problems.

Norton AV 2007 has a Quarantine section where it puts bad stuff that it finds and removes.

My question is... what happens if I delete (remove) what ever is in Quarantine? this is a user option.

I've found that if I delete the contents, the problems (Risks or Threats) that Norton has removed, seem to reoccur.

What is the usual thing to do? keep what ever Norton puts in Quarantine? or remove (delete) the contents from my computer?

Anyone who has ever tried to decipher (convert to layman's terms) the so called help files of Norton AV 2007 will know what I'm trying to get my head around1%20(139).gif

The help files "IMO" have so much useless garbage in them!

After you sort through all the crap! you realize that the thing's not worth reading in the first place!

Percentage of Garbage 95%

Useful Info 5%

OK I'm sorry... but I just had to get that off my chest.

• Moderators

The fact that its not fixing whatever it finds permanently doesn't surprise me. Thats always been one of the main reasons people have hated norton over the years. Post a log of exactly what it is thats being detected and I'll help you sort it out.(woldn't hurt to post a hijackthis log with it too.)

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore.

Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder.

As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

The fact that its not fixing whatever it finds permanently doesn't surprise me. Thats always been one of the main reasons people have hated norton over the years. Post a log of exactly what it is thats being detected and I'll help you sort it out.(woldn't hurt to post a hijackthis log with it too.)

Hi rridgely :) , and thanks for offering to help.

I'll post a HJT Log & Norton Security Risks Log